Factory reset with data wipe

Last Updated:

1. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After I received the OTA to 2.1 I have noticed more lag when scrolling between home screens, using 2D games is painful with the framerate reduction, and many items that are running in the background without me ever starting them. I also cannot seem to keep them closed either. I can also say that I am getting worse battery life now than I was with 2.0.1. I was wondering what would actually happen if I rebooted into Recovery Mode and did a Factory Reset with Data Wipe. Would this possibly help with the update causing these problems that were not there before? Thanks for any help with this.

Advertisement
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

You don't need to boot into recovery mode to do a factory reset. The lag is most likely due to a running app that is not fully functional with 2.1 yet. I have not experienced and lag, even with live wallpapers, and my battery life seems to be the same. You can do a factory reset for the hell of it, then try and single out any apps that might be the culprit as you add them back. Or maybe list your apps so someone with the same problems can see if they have some in common and try to narrow it down.

You might try perusing this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/59697-2-1-bugs-questions-post-em-here.html

If you can't find help, post your issues in there and come back to this thread and let the mods know to delete this one.

3. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Where I notice the lag is with Nesoid, GBCoid, Gensoid, and SNESoid. That is really the only games that I play 2D. Anyone else have this problem or find a solution? I was thinking of backing up my SD card and formatting it to see if that is the problem. Any thoughts?