factory reset

Last Updated:

1. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just wanted to share something here real quick... for those of you who might going to send back the phone to tmobile for return, warranty, replacement, repair or whatever.

I was gonna return mine, so i did a factory reset, but i went back and checked the internal memory of the phone, thinking that it was gonna erase everything in the phone, but it did not erase anything in the internal memory. pics, folders, downloaded files from internet, music, and even folders from games and apps will stay in there, so make sure you guys earase that before sending them back, you dont want yor personal pics or data in hands of an extranger:rolleyes:.

Advertisement
  2. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member

just asking, hope you don't mind this, but why are you returning it? something wrong with it? thanks

3. Ogmodon

Ogmodon Member

I am thinking of returning the two I have, mine and my family members because their is no external notification led.

4. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

No LED notification is a deal breaker:confused:

Im sure there will be an app at some point but damn.

5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

So I've only had my phone basically 1 day. The number of bugs is driving me insane, it keeps freezing and doing things it shouldn't.

I want to do a hard reset. I know the steps for a soft reset "settings...privacy...reset" etc.

However, that will not totally restore the phone to like new factory condition.

To achieve this, a hard reset is required. Pressing in the volume key, while pressing power button, etc.

My question is, the vibrant seems so buggy, I don't want to brick the phone.
    Is a hard reset using the volume rocker and power button safe on this phone? Will it delete avatar? Should I remove the sd card? or will it try to look for the sd card and reload the movie, if its not there it will run into problems? what about the sim card? should i pull that out or leave it in.

thanks!
    if you can detail the exact instructions that would be perfect

6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

No, it is not hard to do and no you will not lose your core apps from the phone... also please search before creating new threads....