Factory resetSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-09 18:51:16
  1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I am selling my tablet. Does the factory reset clear EVERYTHING? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

A factory reset will clear out just about everything app wise, but files modified at the system level, such as root, will remain after a factory reset.
  3. djm1947

djm1947 New Member

Other than for any OS upgrades you have done, it should return the tablet to how it was when you took it out of the box.
  4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Pictures, movies, music etc on the SD card remain, so you'll want to do something with those.
  5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Dumb question. .... Did the unit come with a sd card?
  6. Podivin

uh...hmmm... nope - I think.

You know I don't REALLY remember, but I'm reasonably sure that it did not have one
    Note that some of your pictures could be saved internally also, so you'll want to check there also. Look for 'camera' or 'dcim' folders.
    Or connect it to your computer and have the computer scan for *.jpg files in that drive.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

No, it did not It had either 32 GB or 64 GB onboard as internal storage.

Hmmm. When you click on the reset button it says "It will erase all data from your internal storage."

To me that indicates that it *will* get rid of everything on internal storage including personal documents, pics, etc....

Who wants to be the Guinea pig and try and see? :p
  8. Podivin

Um yeah, I think I'll pass on that guinea pig part... :)
    But it's good to know.