Factory Test App - *#0*#0Tips

1. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

If you dial *#0*# into the phone dialer, a built-in factory test app comes up where you can get raw data from the sensors and test a bunch of stuff. Never heard of this until I came across it in another forum.

Handy to keep in your hip pocket. Maybe this will help someone. Here is screenshot of the main menu that pops up.

Fixed the typo...Thanks Ironass.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
    scotty001 and ironass like this.
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

On the Samsung Galaxy S4, International, i9505, quad core, the code is simply...

*#0*#
    shmn likes this.
  3. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

That was interesting...
  4. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

And dial whatever you like into a Verizon S4 and nothing happens . . . :rolleyes:
  5. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Well-Known Member

Had to restart after that one. It worked, I received the menu, and pressed sensor and there was no way to exit.
  6. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I'm on Sprint so I can't speak for Verizon. This is a Samsung feature so I would think it would work on any branded Samsung Galaxy phone. Of course, Verizon is known for being dick-heads about a lot of things.

I just hit the back button a couple of times and it always takes me back to the phone dialer. Sometimes you have to press it a couple of times because, for some reason, the back button seems "less sensitive" in this app...if that is at all possible.
  7. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

Found the same thing!
  8. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Verizon must really hate their customers. They do, however, have an excellent network. If I'm lucky, I can get dial-up speeds on a good day on Sprint's network. I'm usually around 5-50 kbps. Yes, that's not a typo...kbps not Mbps. But I'm hanging on for that elusive unicorn known as 4G. Sorry for the digression.
  9. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Correct. I would have a GE S4 on T-Mobile but for the Verizon network.

I finally found a place yesterday without service, and it surprised me. It was a state park nature area, but not that far from Seattle. Maybe the park has a cell phone jammer! :D
  10. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

Dialing *#0*# with my VZW S4 brings up the "Call cannot be connected" message.