Factory Wipe?Support

Last Updated:

1. pvliii

pvliii Member This Topic's Starter

For the past day and a half my X has been running way slow. It lags big time when trying to open the text messaging screen. If it does finally open it'll crash most of the time when trying to resolve the phone numbers to names. I've done a reboot, a battery pull, I've killed tasks using Advanced Task Killer (I don't usually use it).

What's the next step? Factory reset? I'm coming from the BlackBerry world where I would just download the latest OS and reload. What's the process here?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Rick607

Rick607 Well-Known Member

I would do a factory reset, but there has been some talk of people losing 3G after a reset. I have done it with no issues, but understand that I am impatient and wanted instant gratification.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Even if you lose your 3G connection, as Rick suggested you might, you can apparently get it back by quickly toggling Airplane Mode. One moment while I search for citation on this lol.

However, most have stated that they do not lose their connection after doing a factory reset. Those who did said they easily regained it.

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have done 4 factory resets never lost 3g but you have to reactivate your phone after the reset. I am having the same issues and more I called vzw several times and they are sending me a new one. I am starting to think twice about these smart phones almost becoming more trouble than it's worth.. I might go back to a dumb phone and get a ipad or something similar in the future.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I misremembered.

Rick607 likes this.