• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Faded Colors on Fascinate

leosash

Lurker
Apr 25, 2010
My SF became a lil less fascinating today. I've had the phone a lil over 2 months and picked it because of the AMOLED screen. Beautiful, sharp images. Recently I've been having probs with the phone though. Last week my memory card became unreadable so I had to have it replaced. Today while speaking to someone on the phone I noticed the screen was on while I was talking. It was a bit unusual but I finished my conversation. When I looked at the phone however my screen was all goofy. The colors looked faded and dull. I reset the handset figuring that would be easiest but that didn't work. So I eventually did a factory reset. Still no dice. Anyone experience anything like this? I love this phone but it looks pretty bad now. Best way to describe it would be it looks like it was in a washing machine. Anyone have any ideas what might've caused it? Or better yet, how to fix it? I tried searching Verizon's forum, but that was pretty useless.

My SF became a lil less fascinating today. I've had the phone a lil over 2 months and picked it because of the AMOLED screen. Beautiful, sharp images. Recently I've been having probs with the phone though. Last week my memory card became unreadable so I had to have it replaced. Today while speaking to someone on the phone I noticed the screen was on while I was talking. It was a bit unusual but I finished my conversation. When I looked at the phone however my screen was all goofy. The colors looked faded and dull. I reset the handset figuring that would be easiest but that didn't work. So I eventually did a factory reset. Still no dice. Anyone experience anything like this? I love this phone but it looks pretty bad now. Best way to describe it would be it looks like it was in a washing machine. Anyone have any ideas what might've caused it? Or better yet, how to fix it? I tried searching Verizon's forum, but that was pretty useless.

are you only experiencing this all the time? have you noticed this happens when you have direct sunlight, or bright rooms?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones