Fail to roam on verizon network

Last Updated:

1. JRAP27

JRAP27 Member This Topic's Starter

When traveling near my home area I encounter areas with no Sprint service. The phone roams into Verizon network which is very strong in my area. Beginning last week when I attempt to make a call when roaming on Verizon I get a message stating Verizon can not verify this phone number unable to make call. I contacted Sprint about the problem. They suggested a few things i already did, update PRL and profile etc.... which did not help. They told me there was nothing they could do because they cant guarantee service on their phones when roaming. This baffles me because phone roamed fine on Verizon for 6 months all of a sudden it doesnt. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? About 30 percent of my home town has no Sprint coverage so I guess I am just SOL.

Advertisement
  2. norm12

norm12 Active Member

I posted about this a week ago---there's not much to do except push Sprint for a new device. I had multiple calls with tech support and did everything from reboots, full factory resets, reloaded 2.1 and 2.1 with the OTA and even had Sprint change my username and password. NOTHING WORKED. They eventually sent me a replacement and for some unknown reason, that worked.

as I previously posted, they could not tell me what happened, why, or why a new device would solve the problem. They could also not tell me if this would become an issue again. But, I was in the same boat as you---had service and could roam for months and then one day "welcome to verizon, we're sorry but we cannot authenticate your phone at this time. please hang up and try your call again."

3. norm12

norm12 Active Member