Failed 4.3 update on rooted S4

1. chrisnciss

chrisnciss New Member

I purchased an S4 (i337 MF3) some time ago. I rooted it before researching and finding out that the bootloader could not be unlocked. When 4.3 became available from AT&T, it automatically downloaded and when I rebooted, the update failed. I unrooted, reset to factory a couple times and still unable to successfully update. Reading through forums, I realized that maybe my device is in some "limbo" root state since rebooting still displays "custom" with the unlocked padlock.

My concern isn't necessarily getting 4.3 released from AT&T (I've heard of a lot of issues), but rather running into the same problems when 4.4 finally rolls out to the S4.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I think samsungs version of 4.3 put the nasty bootloader in place and that their 4.4 update wont make any difference but thats a guess tbh :thumbup:
    chrisnciss likes this.
  3. chrisnciss

chrisnciss New Member

So do u mean you're best guess is that I'll be able to 4.4 when it's released?

This has been very frustrating. I haven't been able to find a method to revert back to where the phone was before the custom screen.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Merged and moved to the S4 AT&T All Things Root section where you will get the best answers.:)
    chrisnciss likes this.