1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

failed attempt to root my Triumph

1. johnnybeefixin

johnnybeefixin New Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. andr2d2

andr2d2 Well-Known Member

You may just have to re-install the boot image
    :D
  3. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Contributor

Can you charge the phone on the computer? If not, I hope you have enough of a charge.

First, get into download mode (vol down + power). If you can do that, and I'm presuming you see going to load a ROM, copy over a custom recovery (revovery.img like a version of Clock Work Recovery).
    Then, assuming you have the ROM on your SDcard, pull the battery.

Then boot into recovery (both volume up and down + power) and flash your ROM.
  4. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

How the hell did you screw that up? Rooting the triumph is soooooo easy, all you had to do is run gingerbreak
  5. Tokens210

Tokens210 Well-Known Member

That link u posted u were followin is more then just root, the guys got you rooting which is only the gingerbreak part at the top, the he's got ya installing setcpu to overclock or undervolt, I'd say currently don't play with either of them, and finally he's got you installing a custom recovery, the easiest place I see a mistake may have come in is it seems he has a zip to download with the clockworkmod image inside, if this is the case you'll need to unpack in, not move the whole zip, also names are important, must be named recovery.img no spaces or anything.

Further down he starts going into more stuff you can install but most are probly optional,, also while inside the mobile folder when its in download mode you only wanna touch the recovery.img, if ther things like start up sounds of shujt down sounds are removed the phone wont be able to do either
  6. bob-st

bob-st Well-Known Member

Not sure that this post was very helpful to the OP.

Yep, he screwed up, but he said that in his first post.
  7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Thread cleaned - let's please stick to the OP's topic!