• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Failed login notification on Android Forums

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
OK, I know the site had the hackers get into it a short time back and I changed my password and all. But I am getting these constant emails from Androidforums.com that say this:

Dear darkcyber,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Android Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

All the best,

Android Forums

I check the IP address each time and it's my personal home computer, which I happen to be logged into AF and surfing the site.

Why am I getting these messages?

Reactions: Rxpert83
First thing that comes to mind is maybe a keylogger or virus seems unlikely but possible. I would run a virus scan to start off with. Another thing that comes to mind is maybe web browser issue. I have seen malfunctioning web browsers do some pretty funky stuff. Also could be the Anti Virus if you run Internet Securitys type software.

Maybe the sight admins can give some more insight into whats going on thought

Upvote 0
It is just your phone trying to log in most likely. Do you use the phandroid app or tapatalk? You need to sign out of those apps and sign back in with your new password.

Yeah, I noticed this happening from my phone right after I changed my password on my account. Then I got it changed in my phone and it stopped.

But you could be right. I use wifi on my phone when I'm at home and could still be my phone trying to log in via my wifi...didn't think of that :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones