Failed Market download, app now 'stuck'Support

Last Updated:

1. Torb

Torb New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I'm having a problem with an App (Laputa book reader) on the Market.
    I installed the app a couple of months ago and it worked fine, then shortly after I got 2.2 (it's a standard, unbranded HTC Desire running stock HTC 2.2) I did an 'update all' in the market when I had about 10 updates available. Most of the apps updated fine but a couple failed, after a couple of days and a couple more 'update alls' all the apps had updated fine except Laputa which on my Download tab in the market just showed an empty progress bar and an Update Failed error. If I tried to cancel the update then the Market itself just Forced Closed immediately. At this point the app itself actually still ran fine but I thought that maybe if I just un-installed it it would clear it all out and then I could just re-download it. Unfortunately that didn't work, the un-install went fine and it removed it from my download tab but now when I go to try and download it again it shows that it's already downloading and wont let me get it again and if I try to cancel the download the Market just crashes. So now I haven't got the app and can't install it.
    Any thoughts on a solution other than a reset to factory default that I'd really like to avoid if at all possible.

Many Thanks,

Ross

Advertisement
  2. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Check your memory capacity?

3. Torb

Ok I've just had a look and I've got 18.1 MB free internal storage which should be more than plenty for that app? I've installed everything that I can over to the sd card and still no joy :(

4. somename

somename New Member

I had the same issue. This happens when you try to download and install more then one app at the same time. I dont know what I did during this process but one of the app got stuck. I fix this issue by clearing data from the market. Follow this steps to fix this issue

Assuming your market application is closed and not running in the background

Go to Application->Manage Application-> All -> (Scroll and Select) Market -> (Click Clear Data).

This will fix your problem.

Arianna42 and Torb like this.
  5. Torb

Ah excellent, got it back up and running now, thanks a lot.

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Nothing to do with your resolved problem but...

The thing is that that last 18MB is not just for applications to be installed on, other applications and the system also use that space, so you will reach a point where you will run out of space, even though the space you have left is bigger than the app you want to install.

It may be worth thinking about clearing up some of that space soon.