Failed NO FU GOO :( and recovery mode

Last Updated:

1. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

universal androot gives me this message saying ''FAILED NO FU GOO'' is there any way to fix this or another way to root the phone.

ALSO** i cant get into recovery mode.... i hold (VOLUME DOWN+END+HOME) and it resets my phone:(

Is it my sd card :/

Advertisement
  2. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Try z4root from the market.

To boot into recovery is END+MENU+SEND.
  3. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

ok let me try :)
  4. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

it gives me a guy with a ! above it then shuts off :(
    darkside322 likes this.
  5. motorsport226

You need to root first, then install a recovery such as Clockwork from the app ROM Manager.
  6. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

z4root is not on the market
  7. motorsport226

Sorry, it used to be, guess they took it off again. Google search it and download the apk.
    Cwyatt likes this.
  8. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

ok imma try that sir
  9. motorsport226

Good luck, glad I could help.
  10. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

xda has it if you have not yet found it Cwyatt
  11. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

z4root worked thanks :)
  12. rlittle66

rlittle66 Active Member

z4root just force closes on my Motorola Droid. Is there another root program you could suggest?
  13. motorsport226

Try universal androot if you haven't already.
  14. rlittle66

rlittle66 Active Member

I get the NO Fu Goo error. which is why I was trying the z4.
  15. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Well-Known Member

Seems you need to do it the old fashioned way through ADB using the Android sdk your computer through Command Prompt and adb shell?
  16. suzukisandy

suzukisandy New Member

I also had the No Fu Goo message. After wiping the phone and trying to reapply the Universal Androot several times without any success, I read that I had to install Titanium Backup and wipe out the data for SuperUser Permissions. After that, I installed z4root and was able to download and launch terminal, type in SU and get the # prompt.

The icon for SuperUser also changed from a Ninja droid to a Jolly Roger droid head.

Anyways, please give that a try and see if it restores SU permissions.
  17. mikesim8

mikesim8 New Member

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here and also to android...had got a s i7500 handed down...wanna root it and have researched about everything i need to upgrade to Galaxo or GAOSP and even downloaded Galaxyupdater for that purpsoe....but the concern is rooting the device (or specifically how to unroot if during this 6-months balance of warranty period should i need to do any hardware claims) so i saw this universal androot which sound like the ideal tool for me (you could probably guessed by now i am a bit of an techie-idiot so i prefer the one-click root).

But i encounter the same failed. Fu goo message too, so, i am thinking i go do the easyroot manner (EasyRoot for Samsung Galaxy | drakaz) as can't find z4root as recommended. Question is, do you guys think that when needed, after unrooting the phone using easyroot, i will still be able to unroot using the Universal Androot?

Look forward to your advice....

Thanks,

Mike
  18. grungeisdead

grungeisdead Active Member

I think you've got the wrong forum, bro. This is Ally land.
  19. bishop12az

bishop12az New Member

I have the new android huawei ascend 2 with ginger bread 2.3.3 I've tried z4root with no good results and the gingerbreak 1.20 as well, I also did the one click root did some research to find out that it won't help either " I NEED HELP " any takers?
  20. technofox

technofox Member

Z4Root Does not work all that well, especially if you have Froyo 2.2.2. I used Gingerbreak to root my LG Ally, here is the link: [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

By the way, I highly recommend getting the Velocity 1.1 rom to jack up the speed of the Ally, because the difference between stock and Velocity is like comparing a Smart Car (stock) versus Chevy Corvette in a drag race.
  21. WhyMyAlly

WhyMyAlly Well-Known Member

That was the only way I could root is with the guide. I wouldn't recommend any other way because those 1 clicks can leave u without recovery if you have 2.2.x.
  22. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Might I suggest GingerBreak?

Last i checked it was working great.
  23. NoDumbFon

NoDumbFon New Member

its great 2 hear you say that savoxis. that is how i rooted my phone. i'm guessing your still not promoting 1 clicks. i would like to hook up with you in the irc. i have some questions...is there a time when you monitor the irc that i am likely 2 get you?
  24. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

What are your questions? I could probably answer them. Savox has no "set IRC" times. Haha. He just appears. Whether ya want him to or not ;) JK Sav.