• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Failed Root Now Missing Apps

StarMenace

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
I tried rooting my N1 last night. For some reason the ADB portion wouldn't work for the "Root without unlocking bootloader method". So, I gave up after a dozen or so tries. While on FRF85B I got the OTA message to update and it turned out to be FRG83G.

Now I'm on 2.2.2; however, there are many apps missing from the market, most of which I purchased (ex. Homerun Battle 3D, Namco's Pacman, and others). Any ideas on how I can get those back?

I guess I could be a little more specific... I'm connecting using a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate x86. Here's what I did:

1) Followed the Root Instructions from herehttp://androidforums.com/nexus-all-things-root/121582-root-n1-without-unlocking-bootloader.html

2) Flashed FRF85B successfully (had to downgrade first then back up)

3) Installed ADB USB Driver

4) Installed SDK

5) When I ran Nexusroot.exe (tried both v1 and v2) it said I didn't have ADB. When I looked in Device Manager it showed it there as working correctly.

After trying that several times and reinstalling I kept getting the same thing soIgave up. I then got the OTA notice to upgrade so I did. It broughtme back to FRG83G which is where I started from. Now there are a bunch of apps that I can't install because it can't be found in the market.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones