Failed to Move Application

Last Updated:

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was running KaoFroyo v37 and just installed v38. I went into settings>CyanogenMod Settings>application settings>allow application moving and gave permission to move apps. But when I go back into settings>applications>manage applications, I still cannot move apps to my sd card. I tried rebooting and still nothing. I was able to do this on v37, but now I cannot. Did I miss a step?

P.S. I checked this for several simple apps that should be able to run from sd (no widgets or system apps). Also, I did not flash OVER v37. I did a clean install.

Advertisement
  2. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

Some devs choose to not allow their apps to be put onto an SD card. I have Kaosfroyo, and I can't move some of my apps, but I can move others. It depends on the dev. Give 'em an email asking to allow it if it's really that big of an issue (Knowing the amount of room on the Erii SSD, I bet it is)

3. chiyu71

chiyu71 New Member

I have the same problem. Once I flash the V38, I cannot move any apps to SD card. Anyone can help? I even cannot install new app to the external device, which I believe should be the SD card.

Thank you.

4. knitpurlgurl

The only thing that worked for me was to flash the CFSv6 kernel and use an app to move my apps to sd. I had one app, Barcode Scanner, that wouldn't move. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and then moved it w/o issue.

5. dgruetter

dgruetter Well-Known Member

6. chiyu71

chiyu71 New Member

Thanks, guys. I'm sorry to say that but I'm totally new to the flash things. Can somebody point out which file should I download cuz I didn't see any file named CFS V6. Thank you.

7. knitpurlgurl

It's the 10th one down :)

8. chiyu71

chiyu71 New Member

Now I saw the CFSV6. How could I miss it....... Thanks a lot.

9. knitpurlgurl

No problem! I'm new to all of this stuff too. And if I can actually help anyone, I'm amazed and happy to do so! :)

10. fant0m

fant0m New Member

Anyone else not getting their text messages? I'm not getting any, unless they come in through google voice. It's really irritating. This happens everytime I update to a new version of Kaos... a week later they suddenly all download for an hour and my phone beeps 300 times downloading all the text's i missed during the week.

Any ideas? I just reflashed cfsv6... no dice.

Also, I can't really move any apps over, either - says I don't have enough space - but I have over 3.5GB left on my SD card.

Ideas?

11. mykevin81

mykevin81 Member

I kinda believe it is the problem of partition....
    not really sure though..
    anyway
    i have the same problem!!

12. tsiturbotsi

tsiturbotsi New Member

I had the same prob. As soon as you free up space and it dont say low space I got 30 texts all at once. also having the prob with NO app moveable to sd. So like they said a few posts back, flash CFSv6 kernal you should be able to move apps freeing up space and not have that prob. Hope this helps. I know the text prob I got right, but have not fashed new kernal to see if that works for moving app. But thats what others said worked no prob.