Failed to update firmwareSupport

Last Updated:

1. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

Hi guys me again sorry :(

Now i have serious lag issues after browsing internet icons take ages to appear so thought i would try and update firmware,now ive been trying to update since new firmware was released,im on O2 UK.

Before it use to say no update found but just recently im getting this error when clicking on check for updates

I have tried connecting to Kies but says im on latest firmware

PDA:LE8/PHONE:LE5/CSC:LE5 (O2U)

Advertisement
  2. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

Still getting this error :(
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Are you rooted?

Also, try going into recovery and clear the cache partition. To do that, turn your phone off, then turn it on by holding volume up, home, and power. Do this until you see a little bit of blue text in the upper left and then let go. You'll get a screen with the Android logo and you'll see some blue text. Use the volume keys to scroll down to clear cache and use power to send the command. Then go back to reboot unit and try applying your OTA again.
    bigyid likes this.
  4. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

Hi jerofld

No my phone is as new nothing altered,its a uk phone on O2 if that helps
  5. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

Done this and still getting same error :(
  6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Would you consider flashing the new firmware through Odin? In that case, the issue would be solved definitely, and you could get the phone unbranded.
  7. bigyid

bigyid Well-Known Member

I probably would but would it void my warranty ? whats the pro's and con's ?
  8. DanielSullivan

DanielSullivan New Member

I am having the exact same problem and I don't know what to do...
  9. frank2005

frank2005 New Member

The file to download is 600-800 MB in size (yes Mega Bytes). It will take an hour or more to download even for a good internet connection. For a lot of people with less than perfect connection, it's likely that the download will break mid-way. What's more? the server do not support resume.
    I suggest to bring your phone to the authorized service shop/center.
  10. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get the AT&T update via wired connection/PC/Kies?

I also keep having this issue where it says "Connecting to DM Server" and then nothing seems to happen. Then when I check again later it tells me to buzz off and that I have to wait 24 hours to check again.