Failed to update software network or server errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I just tried to update and I got this message? Has any new update rolled out after 4.2.2 if so how can I get it? I dont know how to use pc kies. Need support.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If there is no update available OTA for your phone, then you will not get it. You can install KIES, but still, 4.2.2 is the latest firmware, so you might not get anythhing. What did you want to get?
  3. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I updated my phone it was 349 mb and ia still 4.2.2 I cant find anything new yet except keyboard vibration seems little different.
  4. Szadzik

Because there is no newer Android than 4.2.2. You have the newest version, so what do you expect? There might be bugfix updates, but they will not give you newer Android.
    thahim likes this.
  5. zeee

zeee New Member

I bought new s4 it was working fine and auto updating it self but yesterday my friend got this new update but I didnt so I tried to update it by going in software update and it said your device is modified and no updates are avaliable...its not rooted or anything....confused need help..!!!
  6. Szadzik

Reboot and try again.

Go into Settings>More>About device and let us know what it says at the very bottom (SELinux status) and More>About device>Status>Device status.
    zeee likes this.
  7. zeee

zeee New Member

SELinux status> permissive
    Device status> custom
    I9500
  8. zeee

zeee New Member

I have tried everything like removing battery..removing sd card..rebooting ..tried to update it with kies it says your device is not recognisable by pc... its very irritating.....HELP!!
  9. Szadzik

Where did you get the phone? It seems to be rooted and that is the reason you cannot get OTA.
  10. pakilad

pakilad Member

hi all,
    i got my phone update yesterday 349 MB. Now i am facing lag issues, for example when i press Facebook icon it takes about 0.2 sec to open (previously no time). anyone else experiancing it?
    Buging me~!
    Thanks
    Rafaqat
  11. zeee

zeee New Member

Its a brand new phone and its not rooted, I even checked it with this app called "Root Checker" it says its not rooted I used to get updates all the time it just happend now after the last update I think.
  12. Szadzik

It says custom, which means something has been done with it.