• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Failed to upgrade from 2.3.3 via kies

24HR44

Feb 22, 2013
I tried to upgrade and the firmware is downloaded 100% then a screen with failed to upgrade appears! I dont know whats the problem.. I updated another phone before and didn't have this problem.

I checked the CSC and there's an update for it.. tell me what to do?

I have the latest version of kies air

I tried to upgrade and the firmware is downloaded 100% then a screen with failed to upgrade appears! I dont know whats the problem.. I updated another phone before and didn't have this problem.

I checked the CSC and there's an update for it.. tell me what to do?

I have the latest version of kies air

Can you boot into download mode, volume up - power and home button simultaneously ? if so try updating via ODIN

Upvote 0
I cant when I do that the phone restarts and nothing happens

Do you have the PC version of KIES, if not download it and install it. Connect your phone and see if kies picks it up, if it does check for an upgrade and do it that way

If that fails then you may have to try this

Step 1: Open KIES on your PC but don't plug your phone in.

Step 2: When KIES opens up, click on firmware upgrade and initialization under tools.

Step 3: KIES will ask for your device information. Fill it in. (you can find your info on the sticker that's in the battery slot. You will have to remove your battery)

Step 4: Follow the steps as KIES tells you to put your device into download mode.

Step 5: KIES should download and flash official stock firmware to your device

This will wipe all your data from the phone so you will have to reinstall apps etc etc

Upvote 0
Do you have the PC version of KIES, if not download it and install it. Connect your phone and see if kies picks it up, if it does check for an upgrade and do it that way

If that fails then you may have to try this

Step 1: Open KIES on your PC but don't plug your phone in.

Step 2: When KIES opens up, click on firmware upgrade and initialization under tools.

Step 3: KIES will ask for your device information. Fill it in. (you can find your info on the sticker that's in the battery slot. You will have to remove your battery)

Step 4: Follow the steps as KIES tells you to put your device into download mode.

Step 5: KIES should download and flash official stock firmware to your device

This will wipe all your data from the phone so you will have to reinstall apps etc etc

I have the pc version and it downloads & reach 100% then this message appears "failed to run firmware upgrade. unknown error occurred"

I tried what you said above but a message saying the phone cant be initiated or something like that

I think I know the problem now.. the update that is showing for me is for JB but its not released for the phone (CSC = OJP)

I thought it would be for ICS but it looks like its not (Latest firmware version : PDA:LSD / PHONE:LS8 / CSC:LS6 (XSG))

How can I upgrade to ICS ?

Upvote 0
I have the pc version and it downloads & reach 100% then this message appears "failed to run firmware upgrade. unknown error occurred"

I tried what you said above but a message saying the phone cant be initiated or something like that

I think I know the problem now.. the update that is showing for me is for JB but its not released for the phone (CSC = OJP)

I thought it would be for ICS but it looks like its not (Latest firmware version : PDA:LSD / PHONE:LS8 / CSC:LS6 (XSG))

How can I upgrade to ICS ?

Hello

To do anything your first going to have to get into download mode or recovery, in your previous post you stated that the phone restarts, this suggests that you are not holding the keys correctly.

Turn your phone off and then hold the power, home and volume buttons at the same time until your phone starts. Make sure you let go when the download screen comes on as keeping hold of the buttons will restart the phone, try it a few times as it can be tricky initially

Holding the volume down will boot into download and volume up will boot into recovery

Can you tell us where you are and who your carrier is
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello

To do anything your first going to have to get into download mode or recovery, in your previous post you stated that the phone restarts, this suggests that you are not holding the keys correctly.

Turn your phone off and then hold the power, home and volume buttons at the same time until your phone starts. Make sure you let go when the download screen comes on as keeping hold of the buttons will restart the phone, try it a few times as it can be tricky initially

Holding the volume down will boot into download and volume up will boot into recovery

Can you tell us where you are and who your carrier is
Thanks

Its in download mode now

From Bahrain.. Batelco

Upvote 0
Its in download mode now

From Bahrain.. Batelco

Ok can you just confirm its an I9100 and not a variant, make sure your battery is charged as well

Once you battery is charged download this file

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/153172673/720f59a/I9100XWLP7_I9100OJVLPB_ARB.zip.html

Then follow this guide

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-ph...-sandwich-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50006766/

You dont need to get the firmware from here as thats in the link above, just get ODIN and follow the instructions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones