Failed to upgrade from android 2.3.1 to 4.0.4Support

Last Updated:

1. FAIZANABBASI

FAIZANABBASI New Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to upgrade my nexus s (i9020) from version 2.3.1 to 4.0.4 through settings > phone updates....It always successfully download 4.0.4 update and when i click on reboot, it starts file installation. But at a particular point installation stops every time displaying error message..... can anybody help?

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

What does the error say? Needs for info to help you out buddy.

3. FAIZANABBASI

android robot with a mark of exclamation while installation bar is in midway......and then phone hangs up and i ve to remove battery.....well i really dont know what does this mean because this is my first android phone

4. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

You said it displayed a error msg at the end? Mind trying to update it again and write down that error msg?

5. FAIZANABBASI

Solved my problem....thanks to quantumrand's thread....but still my nfc is not working .....in gingerbread it shows "an error occurred" while activating and now in jelly bean all i can see is a checked nfc option unavailable along with beam (faded)......does this indicate a hardware problem.??

6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Possibly, since the NFC antenna is attached to the removable rear cover and contacts 2 points on the back of the phone. If the contacts are dirty or damaged, then the NFC will not work. Try using a bit of rubbing alcohol or better yet isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip to clean the contacts on both parts. If that doesn't fix it, then take your phone to a store with a demo phone (or a friend if they have the same phone) and compare contacts to see if yours are damaged.

7. amoiz0322

amoiz0322 New Member

My nexus downloads the ice cream sandwich update but when i reboot and install it, the updating process starts but it hangs on specific point with the android avatar with an exclamation mark. Help needed. I will be looking forward to your reply

8. AliArslan

AliArslan New Member

My nexus s downloads the ice cream sandwich update but when i reboot and install it, the updating process starts but it hangs on specific point with the android avatar with an exclamation mark. Help needed. I will be looking forward to your reply

9. mezan

mezan New Member

I CAN'T CONNECT MY TOUCHMATE TM-MID710 TAB TO INTERNET VIA EDGE. CAN ANYBODY HELP? PLS ALSO TELL HOW TO UPDATE MY android 2.3.1