• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Failure to write file" when taking pictures

mizzi89

Lurker
Jul 7, 2015
I have had my LG Volt for 8 months with no problems with this issue. A few days ago I was using the camera to take several photos and all of a sudden it started giving me the "failure to write file" message when snapping a pic. The camera comes up on the screen, it snaps like it's taking the picture, but either nothing shows up in the gallery or it shows a broken file. I've removed the battery and micro SD card and that didn't seem to help. I did a factory reset and the camera went back to working as normal for a handful of pictures but now it's giving me the same message, which is frustrating because I reset my entire phone for that. Should I try a new SD card or is this a more serious issue with a fix?

I'd say the card as well, I had the same problem and removing the card and replacing it combined with restarting the phone would fix it then same thing happened to taking video. I finally decided to root and install TWRP so completely wiped my phone and reformatted the SD card (32gb). It's all working again but for how long I dont know.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones