Faint fuzzy/hissing sound heard when listening through headphones?Support

1. oknil

oknil New Member

Hey guys! I've noticed that whenever I listen through my headphones connected to my S3, I hear this faint fuzzy/hissing sound running in the background. This is especially noticeable when I play quiet songs... I also hear the hissing sound sometimes when I open apps too...

I've tested the samsung earphones and another pair and I hear the faint hissing sound in both. The hissing/fuzzy sound isn't present when I test the same headphones on my old ipod...

I want to know if you guys hear it too or if it's just my phone? The faint fuzzy sound was there since the first day I connected a jack into it. If it's just my phone, do you have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Hi Oknil,
    The only time I've experienced something similar is when I'm at work listening to tunes/podcasts on my SGS3 or when i've got the headphones in with nothing playing (keeps the pests away). Dunno if it's just interference from my PC (as the phone is fairly close to it) or something but as soon as I'm out of the office I don't get the hiss anymore.

HTH

Elbee