Faint ringing, low call volume

Last Updated:

1. Yugami

Yugami Active Member This Topic's Starter

So today I decided to bring my trusty Droid with me to a 10K run to listen to music. It worked fine and I was listening right up to the last mile, but it happened to be pouring rain the whole time. On the drive home my driver was looking for a coffee shop, so I whipped out my Droid to find it. I noticed my GPS and signal both had x's, so I shut it down and turned it back on only to see the 2C.6C or whatever bootloader error.

We stopped by a Verizon store while my friend was getting coffee and they tried to reboot it, to no avail. I needed a replacement, but there werent any stores within 50 miles that had it in stock, so I ended up driving an hour to get to a store that had one in stock, rather than wait a few days for them to ship one to me.

I got my new Droid, and I had to update to 2.0.1 right away. Now my call volume is ridiculously low and the quality is pretty choppy. I have to squeeze my ear against the phone at max volume just to hear normally. I also notice a faint ringing sound while in calls. It's pretty horrible. Did I just get a bad phone? I guess I'll head back to the store and ask for another one?

Advertisement