• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fairly simple request!

Salt_

Lurker
Mar 17, 2011
I'm a student and I'm doing a presentation on Monday for my course. I've come up with a new app as part of my course and I was wondering if anyone could make a dummy version of it, it doesn't have to actually work, as long as it runs on my HTC Wildfire, and I can show my lecturers it.

Below is a picture of what it is, and all I'd like it to do is let you enter a custom amount into a bar, either through the up down arrows I've put on or if that's not a good idea, just using the touchscreen key pad. The only other thing is that the Oxfam logo at the bottom is a link, so that you can click on it and be taken to the Oxfam webstie, which is Oxfam GB | Leading UK charity fighting global poverty

http://i52.tinypic.com/33ato39.png

Thank you, very much!

I think I asked quite nicely if it was possible, not that I demand it be done immediately.

True: within 48 hours is strictly speaking linguistically not the same as 'immediately'...
IRL it IS, though.
So, tell me: why should someone else sacrifice his/her spare time because you don't like to do your own homework?

If nobody here has got any spare time and can help me out that's fine.

Aw, poor kid. Now you'll have to do your own homework. And before Monday too.
Looks like no clubbing or 'chillin' or 'hangin' for you this weekend.
Well, then don't let me keep you from it.
Good luck with your assignment.
:cool:

Upvote 0
You guys don't have to be rude to him. He asked nicely and that's that. If you can't do it and if you don't have anything positive to say then don't bother wasting his time, and yours.

@OP, I haven't had enough experience programming in Android to help you out, but check out Google App Inventor. It's a graphical way to make programs. Maybe that could help you get just the basics down for your Monday presentation. Good luck!

Reactions: Salt_
Upvote 0
True: within 48 hours is strictly speaking linguistically not the same as 'immediately'...
IRL it IS, though.
So, tell me: why should someone else sacrifice his/her spare time because you don't like to do your own homework?

Aw, poor kid. Now you'll have to do your own homework. And before Monday too.
Looks like no clubbing or 'chillin' or 'hangin' for you this weekend.
Well, then don't let me keep you from it.
Good luck with your assignment.
:cool:

I did not say you should, or anybody should. I asked if you would, yes, asked.

I'm glad two of the people on this forum have top notch levels of civility! It's such a wonder to see so much positive replies in such a short space of time, thank you.

You guys don't have to be rude to him. He asked nicely and that's that. If you can't do it and if you don't have anything positive to say then don't bother wasting his time, and yours.

@OP, I haven't had enough experience programming in Android to help you out, but check out Google App Inventor. It's a graphical way to make programs. Maybe that could help you get just the basics down for your Monday presentation. Good luck!

Google App Inventor eh? Sounds fun! Thanks for the help man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones