• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (Fake) Download notifications in status bar

vonniee1

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Hi all,

As of today, my Galaxy S2 started giving download notifications in my status bar. It says "downloading image_000.jpg" where the three zeros could be any number. Usually when i drag down the notification bar during a download, the download is shown, but now it is empty.

In addition I've tried to find these files by searchin with Atro file manager, but I was unable to find any files with "image" in the file name.

Does anyone know what is going on? Do I have a virus or is my phone just a plain mess?

Thanks!

PS. I'm sorry if there already is a similar thread out there. I didn't manage to find it.

Hi all,

As of today, my Galaxy S2 started giving download notifications in my status bar. It says "downloading image_000.jpg" where the three zeros could be any number. Usually when i drag down the notification bar during a download, the download is shown, but now it is empty.

In addition I've tried to find these files by searchin with Atro file manager, but I was unable to find any files with "image" in the file name.

Does anyone know what is going on? Do I have a virus or is my phone just a plain mess?

Thanks!

PS. I'm sorry if there already is a similar thread out there. I didn't manage to find it.
It could be that you have installed an app that is a rogue app. Alternatively, you could have downloaded an app that uses "air push notification" advertisements.

Try download "Addons Detector" on google play and use that to find apps that behave in such way, so you can try pinpoint the apps you need to uninstall immediately. The app also logs what applications you have installed recently so its helpful app to have on your phone for trackback purposes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones