• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fake GPS use - Gmaps keep switching between real & fake location

nexusdude

Lurker
Jul 14, 2016
Hi guys,
Almost all is in the title : been using different fake gps apps like 'Fake Location Spoofer Free', 'Fake GPS location', etc.. and been habing the same problem everytime.

Using Android 6.0.1 on Nexus 5X.
Location paramater is set to 'Device only'.
Developper mod is activated, and the fake gps app is chosen in 'Mock application'.

Every time I set a fake location in the app, when I open google maps, my position keep switching between real (gps only) and fake (app) locations.

Anyone having the same issue ?

Regards

Hello

I have found solution for this issue on reddit and it worked for me.

"If your GPS is jumping around from your real location to the spoof'd location non stop every few seconds here is a fix you can try. I'm on android had this problem for a while and it was super annoying and got me soft banned a few times.

Go to settings --> Location --> Mode

Make sure it is set to device only. Go check on the scanning tab and make sure WiFi scanning and bluetooth scanning is turned off

install an app from play store called DisableService and allow root (obviously)

Search for the service "Fused Location" under System tab and disable the service

Reset Phone.

Turn on FakeGPS. make sure update interval is < 100, Accuracy is 1

This should fix the jumping around Make sure to turn everything back to normal if you need Google services / GPS again! otherwise nothing works

update: if it doesnt work, have you tried installing Xposed Modules and download "Mock Mock locations / Hide mock locations" and tell me if it works. LG and Samsung phones seem to have issues as another service apart from the ones I named is causing location sniffing

Upvote 0
Hello

I have found solution for this issue on reddit and it worked for me.

"If your GPS is jumping around from your real location to the spoof'd location non stop every few seconds here is a fix you can try. I'm on android had this problem for a while and it was super annoying and got me soft banned a few times.

Go to settings --> Location --> Mode

Make sure it is set to device only. Go check on the scanning tab and make sure WiFi scanning and bluetooth scanning is turned off

install an app from play store called DisableService and allow root (obviously)

Search for the service "Fused Location" under System tab and disable the service

Reset Phone.

Turn on FakeGPS. make sure update interval is < 100, Accuracy is 1

This should fix the jumping around Make sure to turn everything back to normal if you need Google services / GPS again! otherwise nothing works

update: if it doesnt work, have you tried installing Xposed Modules and download "Mock Mock locations / Hide mock locations" and tell me if it works. LG and Samsung phones seem to have issues as another service apart from the ones I named is causing location sniffing

Just an update, this method doesn't seem to work if you are using the "teamrocket" app to spoof pokemon go

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm using Lenovo a7000 Marshmellow and can't find scanning tab in location service, so I just put location service mode on device only. is it Ok ?

I've just tested set gps to central park, but I can't hit pokestop and cacth mons, (seem like I'm getting softbanned)
Are you able to use the fake location without it sensing your real location? It sounds like you got it to work but you jumped too far from your original location which triggered the server to ban you. The game will recognize if you move too fast.

Upvote 0
hello

i managed to get pokemon go with fake location working the following way:

galaxy s5 rooted, set fake gps pro as system app via lucky patcher ( doesn't matter which fake gps app you use, lockito works too ), xposed installer with hide mock location and also mock mock location.

so i enabled mock locations via developer options -> opened xposed -> enabled one of the 2 mock location hiders ( hide mock or mock mock ) it doesnt matter which, but only have 1 active. -> restart s5 -> open fake gps pro and set expert mode ( other setting doesnt matter it works all ) -> set your fake location via fake gps pro and...
tadaaa, its working, pokemon go doesn't detect your enabled mock location in developer options due to the active xposed module (hide mock OR mock mock locations).

but thats it? would be too easy.
its only working smoothly for a limited period of time. for me its 5-10 mins, sometimes 30 mins and sometimes only 1 min.
then the location starts to jump between fake and your actual location.
why? my mock location setting under developer options gets resetted back to disabled.
it automatically unchecks this options for any reason i havent figured yet.
my guess is that the pokemon go app disables it via any of its implemented security services.

you can get your fake location without jumping back through restarting your smartphone and enable mock locations in developer options again, also you can try different settings with your fake gps apps and these 2 different xposed modules.

my question to you guys:
is there any possibility to leave mock locations enabled in dev options? like forcing it to stay active forever / or prevent other apps from unchecking it?

Upvote 0
its only working smoothly for a limited period of time. for me its 5-10 mins, sometimes 30 mins and sometimes only 1 min.
then the location starts to jump between fake and your actual location.

One way I found to prevent the jumping around:
1. Download DisableService from The Play Store.
2. Install it and search for Fused Locations.
3. Untick this box (grant/allow root access) and reboot your phone.

After this you can easily set you GPS coords without it jumping you around from your fake and current location. To give fair warning: you will need to re-enable the Fused Locations service and reboot again if you wish to use your GPS for anything other than spoofing in POGO.

Upvote 0
nah,i already disabled all the location services + even the fusedproviderservice, forgot to mention:rolleyes:
thanks tho:p
for me its all about the mock location in dev options that automatically sets itself inactive after some minutes.

the unchecked mock location from developer options is the only thing that causes jumping locations.
because this system native service, if enabled, simply doesnt allow jumps.

ofc there are other reason for jumping but thats only the case if people dont use xposed:p

if anyone knows a hardcorenerd that knows how to force mock locations being enabled forever, please let me know;)

edit: or maybe because i disabled all googleservices with the name location and fused, i now bugged my mock location service -_-
ill figure it out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones