Falling out of love with my Desire

Last Updated:

1. hilly81

hilly81 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Dreadful signal, dropping calls, not sending texts, dropping data and WiFi connection or no connection at all, takes an hour to shutdown, clicks and creaks when it vibrates with hepatic feedback on, battery not great, sluggish performance.

A superb but flawed device. Back to T-Mobile next week I think.

Advertisement
  2. marc 1975

marc 1975 Active Member

why dont you get a replacement.. ive had exactly the same problems phoned up orange and im getting my new one in about an hour

3. naths

naths Well-Known Member

you must have a dodgy phone......iv come from an iphone 3gs...was going to get the iphone4....great but flawed phone...and thought id give android a go...a good decision for me i think..at least now im not one "look at me i'v got a iphone "crew...and my desire leaves the iphone standing...perfect i think...ok battery isnt great ..but what smartphone is?...im sure HTC will bring a better battery out....no problems at all with my phone..the only problem iv got is finding my way round android....im sure that will come though..

4. hilly81

That's the plan mate.

5. marc 1975

marc 1975 Active Member

i will let you know hilly if the probs dissappear lol.. yeh and naths they are confusing phones at first .. but you will get used to the lil beaut!

6. hilly81

Cheers! Don't get me wrong nath is a brilliant piece of kit just mine appears seriously flawed.

7. naths

naths Well-Known Member

yep they are great...was a bit.."shall i shant i"..about changing from the iphone..but a couple of things made me change firstly was the look ..i think the desire looks great..secondly...small reason but the iphone wouldnt play music through my car hifi...have a lead into the aux but wouldnt play..plugged my girlfriends ipod in and it did...not a real reason to change but as im driving a lot in my job an important one....im really glad i did..u can spend hours tinkering with the phone and its layout..some thing u cant do with ios4...

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Think the word you're looking for is defective :p Get a new one!

9. marc 1975

marc 1975 Active Member

well ive got the phone.. it heats up but no crashing as yet.. oh and i'm pretty dam sure its a recon one too !

10. denialnw10

denialnw10 Well-Known Member

I got mine last week and if what your saying is true about the device that you own, then, it seems that device is a dudd!

Mine is a-mazing!!! Quickest thing I've used and does everything flawlessly!

If you do the full charge and use til empty four or five charges and play with the settings the battery no longer becomes an issue! I took that advice off someone on here or the avforum site and its great!

My battery has now lasted 2 days and 5hrs and wifi has been on constantly, plus i've been using the internet with flash and playing music through my bluetooth headphones! Definitely lasts longer than my Blackberry Bold, baring in mind I am constantly on the desire playing about with it!!! :D

11. hilly81

It's being picked up today to go back to HTC for repair/replace. Fingers crossed!