• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fancy Widget & Battery Use

I was noticing really bad battery issues when I had Fancy Widget installed/running. I switched to a different widget and I made it from 1PM yesterday until 9AM today using only 75% battery (which still sucks considering I didn't use it much). Now this could be entirely coincidental, but it's worth looking into.

Right now I'm just using the widget called Digital Clock (1x2), and running this over Fancy Widget is the only changes I've made to anything.

Again, it may be totally coincidental, but if you are having issues with battery and are running Fancy, try it out and see what happens. I understand with Fancy there is a bunch of other things going on in the background, but honestly I don't really need that stuff. It's pretty and all, but until there is a better battery life fix or something, I can do without it.

Wife has been using Fancy Widget for a few days now. Last night at 8pm I noticed she still had 40% of battery left. It had been off the charger since at least 9am that day. She is using a task killer which might have helped. I am not too sure of her uses that day, but i know the girl can talk on a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones