Fancy Widget vs. Beautiful Widgets - FullScreen Anime

Last Updated:

1. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious if either of the two has a forecast animation when you unlock it, similar to the HTC Sense UI?

Advertisement
  2. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

None out there have that feature with the exception of Sense UI I think. I have BW and a while back I used the FancyWidget as well for my eris.

3. rossmathis

Do they both pull weather information from the same place? I've noticed the BW is a little off on the weather sometimes, but this could be because my refresh is set to 2 hrs. But at times even when I manually refresh the weather doesn't directly reflect current conditions. Not too serious, just an observation is all.

4. RedCamaroZSS

RedCamaroZSS Active Member

I found the fancy widgets apk on another site. It seems to pull from weather.com. The downside is that it doesn't have the animations like Sense.

5. rossmathis

I'd rather have accurate weather than animations. Also not too thrilled about having to install it by means other than the market for the sake of future updates, etc.

6. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

Here the QR code for the fancy widget app which should allow you to scan it and then download it from the market place at least it let me to do it the other day

[​IMG]

(Credit for the QR code goes to Paznos as they posted in another post)

droid51378 and SarahJoy like this.
  7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

FWIW I think beautiful widgets updated to add a forcast animation on the homescreens

8. quake

quake New Member

I was able to download Fancy Widget from the market today. I know that it was unavailable for a while, but it looks like we're clear to use it now. Anyone else have input on that?

9. Ringhale

Ringhale Well-Known Member

How did you find it on the marketplace I just tried searching for it and it doesn't come up

10. quake

quake New Member

Interesting. I don't see it there anymore. I actually found it a few days ago on the market. When I went to install at the time, it said it wasn't available for download. It didn't load until today when I installed updates. :|

11. geekygemini

geekygemini Member

BW has a forecast opening effect & animation, looks great on my Droid X. Don't know about FW.

12. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Yup they did. They also switched to AccuWeather in the last update. A lot better/more accurate weather service, imo.

13. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

You are correct, but it adds lag BIG time

14. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

I set it on mine, but it didn't work. Nothing happened.

15. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

have anyone tried the beautiful widgets live wallpaper? it's pretty cool i'm debating on weather or not to purchase it?

16. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

It worked for me yesterday when it was cloudy. Sunny seems to do nothing. It's definitely a work in progress as there is some lag issues and it popped up once for me when I was waking up to a settings menu. But I'm really glad it was added because I loved that about sense ui. I kind of wish the normal weather icon in the widget was always animated like Sense UI in windows mobile.

Foolish Mortal likes this.
  17. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

I use "Weather and toggle widget" with the H7C skin. its got the FULL weather animations, Heres a shot below, sorry busy at work and couldnt get drocap to snap the shot to show the windshield wipers, and the rain on the screen lol.

I like it Much better than BW.

[​IMG]

colchiro likes this.
  18. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Right now I'm running BW with the live animated wallpaper. At first it adds quite a bit of lag (im running launcher pro beta) but once you tweek it a little it gets better. I dropped the frame rate down which helped a lot and it still looks smooth. if you disable the grass it runs REALLY well, no lag at all for me. I am hoping they come up with some new backgrounds though, the grass is a little.... idk... boring..? All in all though im happy with their new live wall paper and new updates on BW

19. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

That makes sense (no pun intended). Thank you!

20. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

what is your FPS set at? I tried below 15fps and my launcher pro was snappier but live wallpaper was really choppy... whats wrong the grasss?!?!

21. ECFfighter7232

I had to run mine at 10fps with grass off to keep the "elastic effect" smooth on LP. and nothings "wrong" with the grass... just hoping they make more options in the future

22. ECFfighter7232

Just had to take off my live wallpaper. sucker seemed to be killing my battery a lot faster... thats a shame

23. tilejoesham

tilejoesham Well-Known Member

bw just updated again probably to fix the lag and and fc but one thing the new update shows is the dev isnt settled with ok he wants it better and that i will support because we definitely need progression

24. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

the guys behind BW have done an absolutely fantastic job with the app since it came out last year. They are constantly updating and are really good about getting back to you when you have a question. I recommend BW to EVERYONE that gets an android phone.

25. ECFfighter7232

yeah i definatly agree. Granted I havnt even had it on my phone for that long but I'm very impressed with the constant progress and updates the devs keep doing.