• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fancy Widget

Hey there all.
So I downloaded Fancy Widget and have been trying to get some more skins.
I found 1 new clock and weather skin here: http://www.anddoes.com/download/SkinDevGuide_v1.pdf.

However, wondering if anyone knows where I would be able to find more skins for it?

P.S. I am still new to my Captivate and Android. I haven't been able to research much yet on customizing, but correct me if I am wrong, skins which come in an .apk cannot be used unless I am rooted?

Hey there all.
I found 1 new clock and weather skin here: http://www.anddoes.com/download/SkinDevGuide_v1.pdf.

However, wondering if anyone knows where I would be able to find more skins for it?

P.S. I am still new to my Captivate and Android. I haven't been able to research much yet on customizing, but correct me if I am wrong, skins which come in an .apk cannot be used unless I am rooted?

Skins don't come in .apk :D

Upvote 0
Hey there all.

Hi! I understand your frustration. LOL

I'm using Fancy Widget and I just love it. I didn't know where to find the skins at first either but right after I installed my first fancy weather widget on my home screen I got a pop up wanting to know what skin I wanted to use. It gives you the option of clicking a link to the market. There you will find all kinds of skins.

I'm sure if you just type in 'skins' in the search bar at the market you will find them.

Hope this helps!!

:)

Upvote 0
How do I apply these to fancy widget. I went to anddoes.com and downloaded them on my phone please help me to apply them to my fancy widget.

Once you select a widget and get it on your screen, touch it and it will open up. Then click on Menu and select appearance settings. Look for weather skin and click on that. Then select the one you want for your widget.

Hope this helps!!!

Reactions: Proctorc
Upvote 0
Once you select a widget and get it on your screen, touch it and it will open up. Then click on Menu and select appearance settings. Look for weather skin and click on that. Then select the one you want for your widget.

Hope this helps!!!

I am running launcher pro. but what I downloaded from anddoes appear to all be .pngs not widgets did I DL the wrong thing? Also when I click menu setting appreance settings there is no option for weather or clock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones