• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fantasy Football

If we do, Which site?

• Yahoo!

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • ESPN

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
Always my favorite thing to do in Fantasy Football. I've won Fantasy Baseball every year since I've started participating in leagues (2004-present).

Nice. That happened to me last year. :eek:

Right on the fringe of 4th place and the last place player bumped me to 5th place (on the last regular season week) and out of playoff contention!

Upvote 0
Cool!

It's actually very easy to get the hang of if you know your football.

I think I got 2nd place my 1st year doing it. Just have to make the right moves at the right time.

It gets a little frustrating when you bench a player get gets like 30 points though. :p

deff know my football:cool:
specially since i got this new shiny nfl mobile app

Upvote 0
Would you guys be interested in IDP and turning it into a keeper league?

IDP leagues are lot more fun and we could maintain it every year. Even if nobody wants IDP we could still do a keeper.

BTW - I've commished a few leagues in my tenure so if nobody wants to do it, I'll be happy to set it up.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a 'keeper' league or 'IDP'

EDIT: Did the research on IDP Keeper leagues. It sounds interesting but I dunno if we're gonna get that many people on board as it is. We have maybe 7-10 people interested. 10/12 being the ideal # for a maximum imo.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind managing either, but don't mind if Shawn would rather. Would like head-to-head and QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

The only thing I don't like about keeper leagues it that if you have a couple amazing players that are injured for the rest of the year, you are kind of screwed if you want to keep them the next year and need to pickup other players to win the playoffs. You also don't know if they will be healed or properly healed for the next year. But if that's what you guys like that's cool.

As far as IDP, I've never done it - but wouldn't be opposed to it..! seems kind of cool actually -the only difference is that you are using a player instead of a team defense, correct? how does scoring work?

Anyways, let's hear what you guys want to do. I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement pretty easily - we still have a while.

Draft will be random draft slots. The other thing we need to decide is if you guys want to do PPR or not - my leagues haven't in the past. It means Points per reception. You can set it to .5 points per reception or 1 point per reception.

I'm flexible :) Heck, we could do two leagues with totally different settings if we can't decide!

Can't wait for the season! Weekday night draft? Or...?

Upvote 0
Good stuff there jamor, I wouldn't mind a PPR league either. Hell, I'm game for anything as long as we get some commitments and can maintain activity throughout the year. There's nothing worse than getting a blow out win when your opponent doesn't set their roster. It feels cheapened even if you know you had the better team LOL.

I'm currently in a 16 team PPR/IDP league and this is how it's set up ....

Roster Structuring
Starters (11)
QB --- 1
RB --- 2
WR --- 2
TE --- 1
DL --- 1 (Can be either defensive ends or tackles)
LB --- 2
DB --- 1 (Can be either corners or safeties)
K --- 1
Bench --- 7 Additional players
Roster --- 18 in Total

League Scoring
*Passing
----- Every 25 passing yards | 1 Point
----- TD Pass | 6 Points
----- 50+ yard TD pass bonus | 1 Point
----- Interceptions Thrown | -3 Points
----- 2pt Passing Conversion | 2 Points
----- 400+ yard passing game | 2 Points

*Rushing
----- Every 50 rushing yards | 1 Point
----- TD Rush | 6 Points
----- 2pt Rushing Conversion | 2 Points
----- 200+ yard rushing game | 2 Points

*Receiving
----- Every 50 receiving yards | 1 Point
----- Each reception | 1 Point
----- TD Reception | 6 Points
----- 2pt Receiving Conversion | 2 Points
----- 200+ yard receiving game | 2 Points

*Miscellaneous
----- Kickoff Return TD | 8 Points
----- Punt Return TD | 8 Points
----- Total Fumbles | -1 Point
----- Total Fumbles Lost | -2 Points

*Kicking
----- Each PAT Made | 1 Point
----- Each PAT Missed | -2 Points
----- Total FG Made | 3 Points
----- FG Made (50+ yards) | 2 Points
----- FG Missed (0-39 yards) | -3 Points
----- FG Missed (40-49 yards) | -1 Points
----- FG Missed (50+ yards) | -1 Points

*Defensive Players
----- Each Sack | 3 Points
----- Interception Return TD | 6 Points
----- Fumble Return TD | 6 Points
----- Each Interception | 3 Points
----- Each Fumble Recovered | 3 Points
----- Each Fumble Forced | 4 Points
----- Each Safety | 4 Points
----- Assisted Tackles | 1 Point
----- Solo Tackles | 1 Point
----- Stuffs | 2 Points
----- Passes Defensed | 3 Points

we call it the death league LOL

Upvote 0
I would prefer a weekend draft - perhaps a Sunday around 3 or 4 PM EST?

I agree weekend draft would be best. I can be available anytime but most of us are in different time zones and work different hours.

Anyone have their invite to app inventor yet. If there isn't anything available by the start of the season maybe someone could create an app to do a live draft for our league with or phones? Just an idea. I am just hoping yahoo has their fantasy football app ready before the season starts.

Upvote 0
So how does this work? When would the draft be, before the HOF game, during the preseason, B/W preseason and regular season? And when does the fantasy season actually start and end?

BTW, whoever is in the league we should have a common messenger that we all use to trash talk during games. I recommend Talk since we all have it and can't get rid of it, but Yahoo messenger would also be ok.

I am all for a ongoing league that is the same year after year. Or a one year trial run would be fun too.

Doing online fantasy is there a way to "buy in" and win the money at the end? I would be all for that if it was possible and everyone wanted to do it. $1 or $100 I don't care.

Like I said never done this before so I am unsure how it all works. I just know I eat, breathe, and sleep football during the season and am all for an AF fantasy league.

Upvote 0
My current league is doing the draft on August 23rd which is around Week 2 of the pre-season games. Probably would do around there - maybe a little earlier.

There isn't a way to buy in to the league - I think that would be illegal so yahoo wouldn't allow it. My other league is with friends so we just trust that we will pay out at the end - we usually do $10 and give it to the most trustworthy person to hold it.

We will need to start a league quick before the good draft days are taken though.

Upvote 0
My current league is doing the draft on August 23rd which is around Week 2 of the pre-season games. Probably would do around there - maybe a little earlier.

There isn't a way to buy in to the league - I think that would be illegal so yahoo wouldn't allow it. My other league is with friends so we just trust that we will pay out at the end - we usually do $10 and give it to the most trustworthy person to hold it.

We will need to start a league quick before the good draft days are taken though.

That's cool about the buyin, I didn't think about the legal issues with us spread all over the world. Because of that we can't just give the money to someone either. Oh well, bragging rights it is!!

So we just need to get a definite list of who is in. Maybe the OP can add a list to the first post and update as people commit, with times they are available for a live draft? I'm in for sure. I can do a live draft anytime as long as it isn't before 7am PST.

Then it looks like we are going to be going with yahoo from the poll so we just need someone to set the league up so we can register and get the draft day set. I would do it but since I have never done FF before I think someone else should do it. Someone just do it and I am sure we will all just sign up, there seems to be enough input on scoring to set up one that everyone is cool with.

Then if we need more people (I don't know a min or max number of people for a good FF league) maybe we can invite a couple non forum people to join the league if needed like a week before the draft.

Upvote 0
We have 9 people interested so far according to the Android Group.

But someone named Christie joined with 0 post history which is kind of strange.

That's why passwords will have to be PMed because we definitely don't want to let in an Apple user just trying to wreck our fun ;)

I'll create a standard league now before we run out of weekend draft spots.

If you guys want to do Keepers League and IDP, shawn can create a 2nd league.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
We have 9 people interested so far according to the Android Group.

But someone named Christie joined with 0 post history which is kind of strange.

That's why passwords will have to be PMed because we definitely don't want to let in an Apple user just trying to wreck our fun ;)

Totally agree!

I'll create a standard league now before we run out of weekend draft spots.

If you guys want to do Keepers League and IDP, shawn can create a 2nd league.

I'm up for one or two leagues either way, a keeper sounds like fun if we can get enough people that can do it more than just this year.

Thanks for creating the league

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones