• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fantasy Leaders.....

psionandy

Extreme Android User
Dec 5, 2009
liverpool
www.androidforums.com
In a different thread a smart cookie wrote...

I'd vote for you, but I'm not American ;). Actually I've been thinking of writing to Michelle Obama to ask whether, if she's not interested in running for POTUS, I can interest her in a smaller country across the pond. We could certainly use someone with sense here right now...

At which point I realised what an amazing idea this is.... In Football (regardless of ball shape) if your star player isn't working out, you can bring in a replacement from another team (subject to trade rules/transfer fee)..

So, if you're not happy with your current leader (or if you are, and will need one when they retire.... ) Who are you going to pick.

The Rules are that they CANNOT currently be a citizen of your country.... (and it doesn't matter if they have a job at the moment, or are a free agent)

The second rule is a special one... that says Anyone who has been President of The United States in the year 2016 cannot be picked at this time... (Sorry about that, but he needs a little time off.... and it'll make people have to do a little more thinking)

Third rule is that they have to be alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slug
You've posed a difficult question, and I'm not surprised there are no answers. Problem is, with a democratically elected government, no one person has absolute power, and with any group of people with power, there will always be bad apples, or those who are pursuing their own agenda. And the alternative of a dictatorship doesn't really have a good track record does it?
So, given the limitations of a party control system, I was thinking what kind of qualities would I want to see in the leader of the party, so I came up with this list:

1. Already successful, so no interest in self-promotion
2. Already has wealth, or no interest in accumulation of wealth
3. Puts the needs of others above themselves
4. Actively involved in environmental issues, and promotes environmentally friendly policies

That last one is important to me, because ultimately humans are on course to destroy the planet, and we need people in charge who recognise this, and have the will to do something about it.

So given the above, I've got to say I have no candidates. Sorry, I'll keep thinking about it.

Upvote 0
I don't trust "should already have wealth" - people rarely become really wealthy without being motivated by wealth, and that would be a disqualifier in my book. Or they inherit it, in which case their background, experience and expectations may make it difficult for them to sympathise with the less fortunate. Obviously there are exceptions to both, but if you are one of the exceptions then the second category, not interested in accumulating wealth, has you covered anyway. Hence I'd strike that one from the list myself.

Add "not motivated by status" to "not motivated by wealth" though. In other words, not in it for themselves.

The "overseas" rule is tricky though, because it means I can't nominate David Attenborough. Not that I'd want to inflict the job on the poor guy, but when I tried to think of people who could unite the UK his was the name that came to mind.

Upvote 0
side track...

Who would be the opposite of this thread...
Worst than the current POTUS?

Hitler? but he is dead...
I got it.. another big fat baby... leader of North Korea!

so that is the silver lining... we are lucky not to live in North Korea.
If you really want to play that game.... Steal an idea from someone and spin it off into its own thread [emoji14]

I don't think I'll play though, as I've got enough political negativity to deal with at the moment....

Upvote 0
79436-Putin-like-a-boss-meme-odhX.jpeg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones