Farsi FontSupport

Last Updated:

1. reza

reza Active Member

How can install Farsi/Persian font(same as Arabic) on my device?,i guess there is some pre-installed font because translator app is working & it is able to show those Persian text but on other hand on internet,facebook,etc when text written on farsi i just have some meaningless sign,any suggestion?

mohsennazari and siakaon866 like this.
  2. ara_z80

ara_z80 New Member

I cant find any way for this problem. can you say if you do something for fix it ?
  3. doctorbaghani

doctorbaghani New Member

I need farsi
  4. Marshal

Marshal Member

pariali likes this.
  5. vahid_motabar

vahid_motabar New Member

I need cardiac font for desire
  6. isoelectric

isoelectric Active Member

7. mpourshafai

mpourshafai New Member

Is there any Farsi (Persian) language font in Andriod 2.2? Please advise
  8. mahdi22

mahdi22 New Member

why Android dosn't have farsi font?????????????????????
  9. pharzin

pharzin New Member

Facebook App in Adroid 2.2 does not support Farsi fonts, any solution?
  10. mentezari

mentezari New Member

Recently I rooted my HTC EVO 4G Sprint smarphone and then installed a gengerbread ROM which also enabled me to read my farsi emails. Here is the link:

[6-5-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2v][2.3.4 Beta] - xda-developers

Just remember the 'universal root' mentioned not only roots the phone but also flashes the ROM. I have since then reflashed my ROM with that of Deck's and I am very happy about it. I just tried the 'hotspot' and it worked flawlessly. The Browser is fast too. Best of all the battery life rocks. Good luck.
  11. PersianSphinx

PersianSphinx New Member

This is how to fix the Farsi, Arabic and Hebrew fonts for any Android device.

If you know how to root your device, great; your a step ahead. If not, no problem... In 65% of cases you need the Clockwork mod recovery, AKA CMW. Amon Ra's custom recovery also works fine. By Rooting your phone, you VOID YOUR GUARANTEE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MANAGE TO SOMEHOW BREAK OR BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!

1-Go to CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread
    Check if they support your phone model. If they do, follow their
    instructions and 'flash' (or install) their version of Android, which
    I found works even better than the stock (the one you currently
    have) version of Android!!

2-Go to http://www.forums.xda-developers.com
    On the upper right hand corner of the page, insert your phone model
    and after selecting it, go to the 'android development for the *phone
    model*' and then try to find a posted 'ROM' thread that is to your liking
    HEBREW, whichever one you need. You can contact the ROM developer
    if you need.

3-If youre phone supports this, by updating to the 2.3 version of Android, AKA
    Gingerbread, you will have fixed Persian fonts. I'm not 100% sure about this
    one, but I have seen the fix on the 'Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray' and it works.

I hope I've helped :)
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

PersianSphinx and others - I wholeheartedly back your idea for getting this important information out and I know that others on AndroidForums.com staff feel the exact same way.

I, myself, have posted about CyanogenMod's important support in this area, even though I am a stranger to your language.

Therefore, I am glad that this opportunity is being offered by a someone with a first-hand sensitivity to the language issue.

CyanogenMod simply requires root access to your phone - the exact equivalent to Admin access on a PC.

If you are unsure on how to get this for your phone after looking over our forums, please send me a private message (PM). You can find how to do that by clicking here -

User CP

and then looking in the left side for sending a message, or by clicking my name to the left of these words and choosing to send me a message.

I cannot pretend to know the rooting details for your phone, but I can help point you in the direction of others who have.

Cheers, many thanks! :)
  13. greentarco

greentarco New Member

Posted by: ara_z80
    Original Content:
    Manam android 2.2 daram
    vase inke farsi nemikhone koli be moshkel khordam. mitoni komakam koni?
  14. breceivemail

breceivemail Member

1. Refer to this link. There is a complete solution there.
  15. breceivemail

breceivemail Member

16. mashardy

mashardy Member

It's absolutely ridiculous that a company like Google doesn't have stock supported Farsi font for Android OS like Apple does for iPhones! In 2012 you should not be rooting your phone for a font used by over 100+ million people on the face of the globe.

You want to f… with the name Persian Gulf just because Arabs keeps filling your Google bank accounts with their Petro-Dollars fine, but this? This is absurd!!!

As soon as iPhone 5 hits the shelves bye bye Android! Sergey & Larry can come and kiss my Persian loving arse...