Farwell Eris friends... Verizon GAVE me the Incredible.General

Last Updated:

1. bmoore0013

bmoore0013 Member This Topic's Starter

So I've never really posted anything on the forum but have always been a fan of everyone's work. You guys are the greatest here.

After that shout out...

Okay I bought my Droid Eris on Jan 1st. Was one of many who anticipated the 2.1 update. I liked the Eris, or the HTC spin on Android rather. But since having signed on with Verizon with the Eris I have had 5 replacement phones. 3 times for a charging/ track ball issue. Where when I plugged the phone in because of the poor battery life to keep using it, it became un-usable. The phone would scroll all the way to the left-most home screen. The other 2 replacements were because of blown speakers.

Last week I called Verizon yet again with another charging/ trackball issue. Told the guy at tech support that I've been unhappy with the eris since the day I bought it, and quote "I'm ready for a change." He apologized for the inconvenience once again and said he understood my frustration and me wanting something different. Told me he would sent me the Incredible FREE of charge. Assured me it would not cost me my upgrade I have coming to me in December (because Verizon primary lines get early upgrades starting at the end of the first year), and that it would NOT extend my 2 year contract. I was flabbergasted. He mentioned the Incredible has a new charge design saying it was part of the problem with my eris. Quickly I thought of the accessories I had bought for my eris. 2 home chargers, a car charger, rubber case, and screen protectors. He also sent me all of those from Verizon. All I have to do is send my old phone back with all the accessories.

I was unsure about all of this until I recieved my Incredible replacement on Tuesday and have been using it since. The 8mp camera and faster processor are awesome I tell you!

btw too. For everyone out there worried about unrooting and deleting roms when sending their phone back. One of the phones I returned that had a blown speaker. I had it the longest and had dropped it breaking the digitizer (the touch screen part of the phone). I had replaced it myself with a digitizer I bought off ebay. Of course I broke the void sticker when I took it apart and I DID NOT unroot or delete xtrsense wich I loved! Did not delete them. I sent it back and never heard another word from Verizon, its been 2 months now. So I wouldn't worry about undoing anything you may have done to the phone. My assumption is Verizon could care less what you did with it... and/or the employee that checks the phone in could care less... and doesn't really take his job to seriously. Anywho I wouldn't fret over it.

Advertisement
  2. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

If Verizon would have just given me a new phone I would have not taken my 6 lines to Sprint. I have been with them for 12 yrs and they wouldn't do a darn thing for me.

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Ive had my good times, and bad. bad was Eris, i also got the inc free, but got to keep and sell old Eris($150) but had to open a two year. but they don't tell you, after one year you can upgrade to another two year contract getting the phone at a two year price, so if i cant wait two years you can upgrade after a year anyway. i never knew that,

4. bmoore0013

bmoore0013 Member This Topic's Starter

See I was trying to decide what I wanted. I was going for the Droid 2 but when they gave me the incredible I figured I'd just keep this as I'm pretty happy with it. just trying to figure out how to wireless tether without having to install a new kernel or pay for verizons 3g hot spot.