Fascinate crashing problems?Support

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there is a few of use Fascinate owners here so far, but is anyone else getting multiple crashing problems? I'm not talking about intermittent lag that goes away. I'm talking about programs closing, and the phone just locking up with no response.

So far today 5 times my browser has crashed, it would be open then just close. 2 times today the camera crashed requiring me to restart the phone, and another time the Market crashed to the point that I had to pull the battery.

It really kills me too, cause this phone is a motherfuggin beast in terms of overall speed and beauty, but I'm not gonna stand for crashes like this less than one day owning the phone.

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Hmm... I'm not having any of your issues. Have you tried completely formatting your phone? If there isn't an improvement, then perhaps you received a lemon and it needs to be replaced.

3. tonyb81

I'll give that a shot thanks, I hope its not a lemon cause it was the only one at my local Best Buy.

4. Vihzel

If it needs to be replaced, then you can take it to Verizon. It's a warranty replacement with them if you're having issues.

5. tonyb81

Even if I bought it at Best Buy, cause I asked the dude what do I do if the phone needs to be replaced and he said I have to go through them *best buy*.

6. Vihzel

I bought my Droid X at Walmart and got a replacement Droid X from Verizon no questions asked. If it's active on your account, then that's the only thing they need. You can replace at Best Buy if you'd like or your local Verizon store or even over the phone if they will allow you to do that. Sometimes, they will tell you to go to a store for a CSR to look at it themselves.

tonyb81 likes this.
  7. tonyb81

Didn't know that thanks. Let me ask you this, what do you like better the Fascinate or Droid X, only becasue my intentions today were to get a Droid X but they weren't in stock so I got a Fascinate instead.

8. tonyb81

Well I did a full reformat of everything, and still had multiple browser crashes. I didn't even install any apps from the market. I'm taking it back tomorrow. I've owned other android phones other os's and never had a browser crash like this one does.

9. boomn29

boomn29 New Member

Samsung Fascinate owner here (about 10 days) and I have browser crash issues as well. On regular sites like cbssportsline and facebook. Really really annoying.

A few instances of it freezing too for a few seconds and not recognizing the 'menu' bottom at the bottom.

I'm well within the 30-day trade-in window. Was thinking about switching phones, but hadn't thought that maybe my specific phone was the issue. Other ideas??