• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fascinate for $100 at Newegg

Lol... somehow I knew this was gonna happen. Literally just bought it from best buy for $200. Its showing 79.99 on newegg now so I'm gonna take this back and purchase through newegg

Upgrade or new contract? If new contract (like me), you'd have to still pay the $35 return fee and the activation fee on the existing contract, then an activation fee on the new contract (that's $105 total, I think).

Upvote 0
Except, you can't upgrade a non-primary line on a family plan for $79.99 :(

So, if two non-primaries on a family plan, go through Verizon BOGO deal.

TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF THE BOGO DEAL ON THE SITE. MAKE SURE THE DATE AND TIME ARE VISIBLE IN THE SCREEN SHOT.

I did this to avoid any dumbass sales person denying me special offers. It's happened before.

Upvote 0
This is awesome! First time poster; I've been lurking for about a week now. I currently own a Droid X and am the primary on my line (I obviously already used my 2 year upgrade deal). However, I am on a family plan and both my parents and sister have their upgrades still available. So I'm just gonna switch the primary to my dad's line (it should take all of two seconds on the phone with Verizon - I couldn't find the option online) and get HIM the Fascinate for $79.99. Then I'll just give him my Droid X and take the Fascinate! I'd rather have the S-AMOLED screen and TouchWiz and better camera of the Fascinate (I'm not impressed with the X's camera - it's not the MP's that matter most, as shown clearly by the iPhone's amazing camera). Anybody think I'd run into any issues? I just called Newegg/Simplexity and verified that I could do this - as long as I don't try to give the phone to somebody on another carrier it's OK, at least that's what she said...

Upvote 0
Sweet! I already have unlimited texting for the whole fam so that shouldn't affect me... Does anybody know if I can just transfer the upgrade discount from my dad's phone to my phone and just give him my Droid X? The reason I ask is because I'm already the primary and would like to remain one so I don't lose the 2 months that I've already saved up since getting my Droid X out of the 20 months that I need for the next $50 NE2 discount. I know you can do this online if you buy a phone from Verizon but the changes don't stick if you don't go through with the purchase. So shouldn't I just be able to call them and transfer the upgrade discount over to my line permanently? Thanks for any info!

Upvote 0
Sweet! I already have unlimited texting for the whole fam so that shouldn't affect me... Does anybody know if I can just transfer the upgrade discount from my dad's phone to my phone and just give him my Droid X? The reason I ask is because I'm already the primary and would like to remain one so I don't lose the 2 months that I've already saved up since getting my Droid X out of the 20 months that I need for the next $50 NE2 discount. I know you can do this online if you buy a phone from Verizon but the changes don't stick if you don't go through with the purchase. So shouldn't I just be able to call them and transfer the upgrade discount over to my line permanently? Thanks for any info!

You should be able to log into verizonwireless.com and transfer upgrades without going through with a purchase process. But yea, if you call you most certainly can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones