Fascinate: How to know if texts are sent

Last Updated:

1. BluMustang

BluMustang New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys maybe Im missing something but with past phones I would be able to see if my text was sent to someone because it would show a CHECK. If the recipient's phone was off, or the text didn't arrive, it would show an ARROW.

So far I'm not seeing anything on the Fascinate to know if the texts are going through. Is there any way to tell? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. maj

maj Member

All I know is that if a message does not go thru, "Failure" shows up under the message in the thread. As far as I know there isn't any check mark/arrow system option on this phone.

3. Aullios

Aullios Member

Sent messages also show up blue in the default messenger, and failed ones show up grey. Also, if there's a failed send in the conversation, then there will be a red exclamation point next to their name in the messaging app.

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I don't use the feature, but I believe Handcent SMS has the option under Notifications Settings to Notify When Message is Received (needs carrier support). I don't know if Verizon supports this feature. Anyone?

Edit: Just tried it out. It doesn't appear to work. :(

5. CTMouse511

CTMouse511 Active Member

Thanks for the info guys - I was just going to ask the same question as my wife and I were wondering the same thing today.

Looks like there is no way to tell ??

My old flip phone at least said 'sent' after I pushed the button ???

As for the different colors.....what if you color blind - like me ??

I need some sort of 'check' or 'sent' - gimme something? ??

6. gingergirl

gingergirl Well-Known Member

I hear ya! My last 4 or 5 five phones have been LG's... and I'm used to to the little arrow or check mark! ... Interesting about the "gray" text bubble meaning that it wasn't delivered. And I'm learning that "blue" means that, yes, in fact, it was sent. So... yet another learning curve for me....:)

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Well as aforementioned if I message fails to go thru you go get a message saying it failed to send. But as far as the color thing...thats one Im not familiar with as far as being colorblind goes