Fascinate or Droid X

Last Updated:

1. soreal

soreal Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently eligible for an upgrade and I'm trying to decide between the fascinate and the droid x. I have read reviews on both and I'm split on the two. What are your opinions on the two?

Advertisement
  2. Droidiam

Droidiam Well-Known Member

Cant be any help atm, but i have the droid x and i love it! Especially with Froyo. In 2 days ill be getting my girl the fascinate for her birthday and ill let you know if i think its a better choice

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

depends what you are looking for.

imo the samoled screen on the fascinate is gorgeous but a battery drainer. so really the screen is a wash.

the bootloader is still locked on the x, although that may change so if youre into kernels and roms thats kinda out for now. however there isn't much in the way available of customization for the fascinate yet (and its stuck on 2.1 still)

if you want a bright screen great for movies and a gpu that is great for playing games the fascinate is for you.

if you want a well built device with a monster screen but locked down then go for the x

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Between the great battery life of the Droid X and the problems the Samsung phones seems to be having (especially GPS issues), I have to say Droid X. I recently ETF'd my iPhone and made the switch to Verizon, and I got the DX instead of waiting for the Facinate or even just moving from the iPhone to the Captivate and staying on AT&T, because the Galaxy S handsets have some issues that I'd rather not have to deal with. But I'm loving my Droid X, it is a great phone.

5. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member

I am having this same debate. I keep going back and forth. My biggest complaint about the X is the ugliness of the UI, but a new launcher fixes that. My biggest dislike of Fascinate is bing, but root can fix this. I like the screen on the fascinate better.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I would definitely recommend the Droid X over the Fascinate any day of the week, without a doubt. That is, unless you enjoy Bing enough to have it completely replace everything but Gmail.

7. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

i would definitely say droid x mainly because of all the microsoft bing garbage mentioned above. it would be a different story if you could still use all the google apps... i don't think what samsung is doing should be allowed on android devices :mad:

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator