• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fascinate + PDAnet

M

Member281366

Since I never really got USB connectivity working I've just been using Dropbox for most files, but I'm moving in the next few days and Comcast won't be able to get here until next week and it would be nice to have internet in the meantime so I installed PDAnet. However now my original problem of my computer not recognizing my phone properly is a serious problem because PDAnet can't recognize it either.

I've tried installing the Samsung drivers from their site, the drivers PDAnet suggests, and my computer will get as far as to recognize it as a "Samsung_Android" but the device always malfunctions and doesn't install properly.

Edit: Trying it again now, I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the Samsung drivers that PDAnet reccommends, ran the PDAnet installer, connected the phone and it's claiming to install drivers for an unknown device for the last 5 minutes. It will undoubtedly fail after about 10.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones