Fascinate Pricing

Last Updated:

1. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you think the pricing will be on the Fascinate? Will VZW match T-Mobile who launched their Galaxy S with BOGO? 199? Less? More?

My bet is $199, no BOGO. Though I seriously hope they do offer the BOGO.

Advertisement
  2. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

I say$ 199 after debate, no BOGO(the demand for these phones is too high, no need for it) $199 seems to be the industry standard with smartphones right now..

3. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was surprised to see T-Mobile launch this phone with a BOGO offer. My hope is that since VZW is not putting all their faith in this phone we will at least benefit with a similar offer. Of course its VZW and I'm not holding my breath.

4. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I didn't know that T-Mobile did BOGO with Vibrant.
    However, I don't think VZW has ever done BOGO on launch date with a high-end phone. It does not matter for me either way as I don't need/want to sign another line.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

$299 after mail-in rebate

6. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

So $399 up front?? I cant see too many people paying that when when you can get an X(8GB internat storage and 4.3" screen) or an Incredible(720P video and mobile hot spot with the update now) that have the same features for $100 less. Think about it..

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  7. Arehexes

Arehexes Well-Known Member

i think most phones cost that much and the 200 you see if with a new contract.

8. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

You are crazy it will prob be 199 after mail in rebate like the others not many people if any will pay 299 for phone on contract. x,inc,d2,evo all 199 only phone more is the epic 4g so I think you're a little off with your price

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

If you mean off contract it will be more around 529-599

10. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

I'm hoping $199 after rebate. Then $100 NE2. $99!!! I'll take it!!!!

11. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Didn't they change the ne2 to $50 now instead of 100?

12. wtherrell

Hope not. Instore CSR told me that with my plan it was $100. If he was wrong, he could be looking at an unfortunate accident of some kind. ;)

13. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

It will be $299 with a new two year agreement and $100 rebate, and $500 for off contract pricing.

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I think it will be more then 500 off contract. The vibrant and captivate are $599

15. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're getting those prices, it's $499 on T-Mobile and AT&T site with no contract. Only places like Best Buy, Amazon etc with BS margin added on charge that. BB will always match the carrier OFF contract.

Unsupported Browser

16. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I saw it at radioshack so that makes sense they would charrge more

17. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

FREEEEEEE!!!!! for me at least. My sister is getting one, and trading me for my Droid....she likes the physical keyboard, and the phone is fast enough for her, not overclocked......

only question, should I return it to stock, before I give it to her, lol....

18. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well ur gonna have to wait til it comes out in oct is when supposed to be released^^

19. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

If you haven't used your NE2 recently, it may still be $100. My contract from '07 had a 100 NE2 unused because I've been doing annual upgrades on that line.

Once you use it, it will go down to $50 for next time (new NE2 are 30/50 depending on priceplan, from 50/100)

20. wtherrell

I used it about 2 yr. ago. Now that it's here I confirmed online that it is $100. Looks like I am grandfathered in. If it's my last one for $100 I will wait for Fascinate or the much rumored Moto SuperPhone. Also, if the credit goes down to only $50 next time, there will be much less incentive for me to stick with Verizon. I have been with them since Bell-Atlantic and Bag phone / brick days. (Damn, I'm getting old!)

21. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

So for $50 you would switch carriers?? WOW i mean its once every 2 years and if you do switch good luck with other carriers where you may not get coverage in the same areas you had with verizon

22. wtherrell

I hear ya. Thanks. Good point. Didn't say I would, just that there would be less incentive for me to stay. In 2 yr. Sprint may have improved their coverage, who knows? I'll evaluate the decision when it comes up and this will be one of the things that figures in the mix.
    I know what you mean about the coverage. Week before last we were in Galax, VA for the Old Fiddler's convention. Couple of friends were on T-mobile and their phones had no service at all. They had to borrow my phone which had 4 bars loud and clear!

23. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

because multiple times i wanted to switch to sprint for the cheaper plans and the Evo and when i was with a friend who had sprint i had 4 bars and he had none when we were driving around the one time so ill pay a little extra knowing i will have service just about anywhere

24. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

where is your source that says that....or just rumors as everything else? I'm okay with waiting, I have a D1 and a DInc to play with for now. Maybe by the time the Fascinate comes, HTC will have a new monster...Venture???? Scorpion???? :D

25. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

you can look on the internet and see that also the leaked verizon road map states that you can find it yourself not gonna go through and look for the links