fascinate water sticker

Last Updated:

1. Socks

Socks New Member This Topic's Starter

what does the FASCINATE water detection sticker look like when new? Is it just white? I know the captivate one is, but wasn't sure if there's a difference. Do purple X's indicate a tripped sticker?

Please, only Fascinate users, or someone who is absolutely certain they're all the same, reply.

And where does one purchase such a thing...

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Fascinate huh? Then why on earth are you posting in a Galaxy S forum? Moving this to the right section for ya.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Its red and turns blue if it gets wet.

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Mine also has purple (red?) X's on it, and I haven't even had it in the bathroom during a shower, so pretty sure it's in the non-activated state. I've heard you can try to use vinegar as a last-ditch effort to reverse it, but I haven't tried.

5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Where is this sticker located...

6. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

If you pop the back off and take out the battery, one sticker is located on the top of the battery itself, and one is in the inside of the battery compartment (right next to the battery contacts).

7. Socks

Socks New Member This Topic's Starter

Same here, but I live near the ocean and we have dense fog and high humidity in the morning.

I've noticed a somewhat annoying increase in battery usage and I thought maybe a wet phone was the problem (and if beach weather is enough to ruin this thing I'm tossing it in the trash). Apparently the Captivate has a different sticker on it because those ones are just white. The little x's look too perfect to be tripped but I wanted to be certain.

I'm going to monitor my batter usage and may have to junk out the battery at verizon under warranty.

8. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

I used to see them on ebay.