• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fast Boot - Volume Buttons Don't Respond

SlyPhox

Lurker
Dec 23, 2010
Hello all,

I recently purchased a used N1 that will boot into fastboot without any input. Once booted, the volume buttons don't work which would allow you to boot into recovery.

After some troubleshooting I've determined that the flex cable is the culprit as I believe the connections to the volume buttons were severed or shorted.

Is there a reputable supplier of N1 parts? I've found them on eBay but I'd rather not spend $40.00 on some knockoff from china. I'm also trying to find a replacement from bezel and back cover (The smaller bit under the battery door).

I spent $200.00 on the phone as a gamble so cheaper is obviously better but I'd like to get her up and running to replace my aging G1

Thanks for any assistance!

All Nexus One's are still in the warranty period, contact HTC and let them deal with it.

I tried going that route. The previous owner had the screen replaced by a local cellphone repair shop which in turn voided the warranty. I found this out for the low low price of $28.00 to have HTC relay this info to me.

They wanted $187 to repair it which is a big f no for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones