Fast Boot??General

Last Updated:

1. Nybras

Nybras Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen people in videos boot their phone quickly, where is the option to do this on my phone?
    I'm probably being very stupid but when i turn my phone on and off it does the usual slow version.

Advertisement
  2. Nybras

Nybras Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

am i talking nonsense or something?

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I've seen it work on a Desire HD in the flesh. 'Boots' in just a couple of seconds. It's actually some kind of hibernate. Dunno how you turn it on/off.

4. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member

the option for fast boot is u8nder the applications tab at the bottom. i turned it on straight away so havent used the phone without fast boot yet. mine boots up in about 4 seconds :)

5. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

It's on my default when you get the phone. Its first initial boot is long. And the boot extends to a minute whenever you 'restart' your phone. As it clears all temp data. Go to Menu>Applications and you'll see Fast Boot at the bottom of the list.

6. Sereniity

Sereniity Well-Known Member

Mine takes a long-ass time booting, saying that who really cares? A smart phone isn't for turning on and off 5+ times a day. I'd say in the 2 weeks I've had mine it's been restarted no more than 10 times, mostly due to my first time with android and Visionary.

Other than that it's been on the rest of the time.

7. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

Yeah tbh it doesn't really matter. I mean when you're NOT using the phone they screen will just go black. I mean the batteries not that worse that you have to switch it off to prevent it from dying.

8. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

My galaxy s uses a reasonable chunk of battery if left on overnight, so I generally turn it off. Is a pain turning it on in the morning as it takes a couple of minutes to finish starting. I think the fast boot is very appealing.