• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root fast boot?

Would this not be a good thing when say, travelling in areas with no coverage etc? With full reboot being burnt in to most roms power button menu, I dont see why it would really be all bad?

yeah but why would you want to turn your phone off? to save battery? maybe. the only thing i do is i keep 3g off unless i want to use it. i leave my phone on all the time. you are right it is not bad, it is just that fastboot is annoying especially, if you have to get to hboot or recovery. and that is why i always have it off.

plus there are better ways to save battery life for rooted folks. try different kernels and setcpu settings.

Upvote 0
Hmm... I don't use fastboot. I just don't really see a need. Maybe on a blackberry (my curve literally took 5 minutes to turn on), but my evo takes a minute or two tops. That's nothing.

I should try to stop turning my phone off. I got in the habit and can't stop lol. But airplane mode at night seems logical... that way the phone's alarm clock would be an option... cool!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones