• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fast charging has disappeared since updat

Upvote 0
The update changed things... now slows down and even completely stops charging depending on temp.
I also believe the update is causing higher temps.
Fyi my original ZTE charger no longer fast charges.
No way to roll back update.

I'm a power user and I didn't have to charge my phone for 14-15 hours before this stupid update!
In my opinion my phone gets over with two days of little usage and a whole day still at 40% after heavy usage. Moreover, you were never able to fast charge with the original ZTE adapter, check the Amps. Also fast charging is still enabled just go to battery in settings and if you have a fast charging adapter then it should say it. Finally, please research more before posting anything or creating a whole new thread it's pretty annoying seeing useless posts.

Upvote 0
It still has quick charging you just have to go to the battery menu to see the message.. Here's a old picture
Screenshot_20161205-100251.png

Upvote 0
In my opinion my phone gets over with two days of little usage and a whole day still at 40% after heavy usage. Moreover, you were never able to fast charge with the original ZTE adapter, check the Amps. Also fast charging is still enabled just go to battery in settings and if you have a fast charging adapter then it should say it. Finally, please research more before posting anything or creating a whole new thread it's pretty annoying seeing useless posts.

It still has quick charging you just have to go to the battery menu to see the message.. Here's a old picture
View attachment 112865
Well, to be fair, kind & informed:
1. Debaters should BOTH be pre OR post patch AND with /without Folio Case, to avoid orange vs apple dilemma.
2. Although original charger is NOT QC, the phone itself is supposed to Fast Charge when battery is real low... up to just short of halfway.
3. For confusion & prestige purposes, Fast/Quick should be added to Charging logo EVERYWHERE: lock screen, when off, etc... why hide it deep in settings...
4. This initial patch has changed a few things:
A. Firstly, I retract to edit "original adapter not fast charging anymore" to "NOTHING is fast charging anymore".
B. Whether QC2/3, the present rate is @70% of pre-patch.
C. Now, QC + original adapters charge @same rate - a negligible smidgen more for the former, perhaps.
D. Patch causing phones to run a bit warmer. So...
E. Once the phone is hot, if not out in the open, takes a long time to cool off (inside pocket /folio /sealed gym bag /overly stuffed briefcase /etc.). And charging exacerbates this. Ergo,
F. When phone too hot, charging is now automatically slowed down or even stopped altogether.
You can set the phone charging and go to sleep - and the entire time the battery can discharge... because the phone never cooled off!
G. I suspect Zte got scared of the Note 7 fiasco & altered code to avoid that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones