Fast swap of keyboards?

Last Updated:

1. MrHawley

MrHawley Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a Galaxy Tab (7") and installed the "Better Keyboard" app which I like a lot. However I also have the Samsung Keyboard-Dock and when I plug the tab into the dock it automatically swaps "Better Keyboard" for the "Samsung Keypad" (I guess for compatibility reasons).

When I'm done with the dock I then have to manually switch back to my preferred "Better Keyboard" and running the gauntlet of Menu/Settings/Language and Keyboards/Select Input Method and then back to the home screen is getting REALLY ANNOYING! :mad:

Does anyone know of a widgit or app that would allow me to toggle back to "better keyboard" quickly, or perhaps a way to make the tablet automatically switch back to my preferred keyboard when I undock it?

Thanks tons
    Dale

Advertisement
  2. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

At least on lower versions of android, I don't know about HC, As a shortcut to going through all those menus, you're able to switch keyboards by long-pressing any text input field and it will pop up a "input method" button, click that and it should give you choices of keyboards.

MrHawley likes this.
  3. MrHawley

MrHawley Active Member This Topic's Starter

FANTASTIC!
    My SGT 7" is running FroYo not HC and it works!
    You may have just saved my sanity...for today anyway <grin>.

Thanks!
    Dale