1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

FastBoot Fail. Help!

1. quickmustang

quickmustang Active Member

I am trying to root my new Galaxy Nexus. I have unlocked the bootloader already. When I try to copy a boot image through fastboot, it fails. In the bottom right corner when I am in the recovery screen it says "fastboot status FAIL Invalid Command" Then why I try to flash anything it says FAILED (remote: Invalid Command). Here is my complete command history:

C:\android-sdk-windows\New Folder>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    0146975A0201B01B device

C:\android-sdk-windows\New Folder>adb reboot recovery

C:\android-sdk-windows\New Folder>fastboot devices
    0146975A0201B01B fastboot

C:\android-sdk-windows\New Folder>fastboot boot boot.img
    downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (remote: Invalid Command)

C:\android-sdk-windows\New Folder>

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

Theres a space between boot boot.img?

Which method are using? There is an easier method now.
  3. quickmustang

4. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

It sounds like the boot.img isnt in your folder with fastboot...
    Yeahha likes this.
  5. quickmustang

Did a battery pull and now everything works. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

6. sandich

sandich New Member

Hey I'm having the same problem. Everytime I enter the bootloader it says FAIL Invalid Command as well, could you go into more detail about how you fixed it? At what point did you pull the battery? Thanks.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

are you having this at the exact same time in the process as the op?
  8. sandich

sandich New Member

Yeah every time I plug in my Nexus while in bootloader mode the bottom corner instantly shows the FAILEDinvalid command. Unlocking worked just fine though following the same Droid-Life instructions.
  9. quickmustang

I just turned it off and pulled the battery out. I let it sit for a minute, then turned it back on and booted into the bootloader with both volume keys pushed down. Everything worked fine from there. Does the fastboot devices command recognize your phone?
  10. sandich

sandich New Member

Actually I tried the process from a different computer and everything worked! For some reason my particular computer wasn't running fastboot correctly and you suggested. Thanks for the help though!