Fastboot Mode

1. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

I tried to reboot my phone into recovery with the Raptor Rom and clockwork mod recovery but it just goes to a blue screen with a line that says fastboot mode then underneath that "start" with some symbols. It gets stuck and I can't type or click anything. If I take out the battery and reboot I have to hold the power, home, and send keys for it to start my phone otherwise directly back to frozen blue screen. Any ideas? I searched some other posts similar to this but none answer the question for the screen being frozen, they all tell you things to type. I should be booting into clockwork mod recovery but I don't.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

You have no recovery img. Try re-flashing the recovery that you we're using if you can boot into android

Fastboot (bootloader) is used with the android sdk. Which is why you cannot type anything with the phone.
    Cjohn8792 likes this.
  3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Plug in your phone get to adb shell and type "adb fastboot reboot" (on the computer)
  4. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

What is this going to do? I can load my phone and use it, i just need to know how to be able to use clockwork mod recovery again?
  5. Indifferent22

Indifferent22 Well-Known Member

Download a recovery img, and do fastboot boot (Path of .img on computer) and you'll boot into recovery. If it doesnt work post again.
  6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Yes, but to fix the no recovery img issue he needs to reflash the recover. so similar to what you said but instead fastboot flash recovery c:\recoveryxyz.img (where c:\recoveryxyz.img is the path and name of recovery image being flashed. in order to use fastboot you need the sdk and the modified version of the usb drivers included with the sdk.

sdk is available here: http://goo.gl/2670
    prepacked with the modified usb drivers i mentioned above.

extract to your c: drive so when done you see a folder labeled android

plug your phone in. open device manager. find adb bootloader. right click choose update drivers navigate to c:\android\sdk\usb_driver and choose android_winusb.inf

once done open command prompt and do cd c:\android\sdk\tools

and run the commands i mentioned above. so if the recovery image is the one by drellisdee and is in the root of your c drive the command would be

fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery-RA_GNM_v1.2.4.img

hope this helps.
    LG D321 user likes this.
  7. nyrkid21

nyrkid21 Member

i downloaded the file from that link you posted but then i dont understand what to do
  8. death2all110

extract the folder that is inside the zip file to your C: drive and follow the rest of the directions
  9. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

<sighs> So many people today have no clue about command lines and folders and files. Windows was supposed to isolate us from all that, but I am glad I've got my old DOS days experience behind me for times like these.
  10. death2all110

Agreed. Sad how some people dont even know what the command prompt/terminal is....its my favorite tool ha ha.
  11. ravijohn

ravijohn New Member

Dear All,

First of all im sorry if im posting this in the wrong area. I have read millions of pages on this forum and other and am really really confused. I have a Desire Z and it was running stock rom with the following details:
    HBOOT - 0.76.2000 (PC1011000)
    MICROP-0425
    RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
    eMMC-boot
    OS 1.34.707.5

Since d rage method was not working for me initially due to ADB issues, i tried Visionary as an easy way out and now i seem to have semi-bricked my device as im always facing boot loop screen. I hadnt made any typos, everything was done as said. I have managed to get S-OFF and had enable USB Debugging before the perm root. However after this boot loop issue started, im unable to use ADB alongwith FASTBOOT as it doesnt list my device under attached devices on using ADB DEVICES command. Initially i also had a driver issue as it was detecting an android 1.0 device but i guess i solved that by using PDAnet drivers but still no success with ADB. I have never made any custom/ nandroid backups and im very confused as to what to do. I took my phone to HTC but since the 'z' is not yet launced here they said I would have to wait till the official launch (wtf).. is there any way to recover my device? i dont even mind using the old STOCK rom, i only wanted to root to enable 'trackpad wake' and 'overclocking'.. Please help me out folks
  12. bnitty

bnitty Well-Known Member

finally an answer to my fastboot problem
  13. kc720

kc720 Member

i have one that is stuck in fastboot. originally it was a brick that would not boot anything other than download mode (5 and plug in) so i tried flashing a masterbin in npst in emergency mode. it flashed but now it is stuck in fastboot. i can fastboot boot a recovery, but cant flash one. tells me "FAILED (remote: flash write failure : name[recovery] start [1382] length[40]." as i said, i can fastboot boot a recovery (recovery-RA_GNM_v1.2.4.img) but trying to flash signed_ally_V8_stock.zip give me error "E:Can't symlink /system/bin/bugreport, E:Failure at line 8: symlink dumpstate SYSTEM:bin/bugreport" when trying to flash velocity_0.4_release.zip, i get error while it's trying to flash gridlock custom kernel, "assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img" , "boot") (status 7). any one have any ideas?
  14. bnitty

bnitty Well-Known Member

is there not an easier way to fix this ridiculous problem
  15. bnitty

bnitty Well-Known Member

i FINALLY found a way to fix this. it's quite simple. just "fix permissions" in ROM Manager then reboot your phone. should be good to go with flashing after that. worked for me thank God