Fastboot - where is it and how do you make it work?

Last Updated:

1. Alpha17x

Alpha17x Member This Topic's Starter

I have heard many many many references to 'fastboot' it's obvious it's on the phone, but every time I look at a rooting or firmware update guide, it seems to imply that it's part of the android sdk. 'just go into the tools folder then run fastboot command filename.ext'

But fastboot.exe, fastboot.com, fastboot.bat, fastboot.msi. any thing that would cause a command called 'fastboot' to run out of that folder does not exist in the android sdk.

So where is fastboot coming from on the pc side of things. where specifically is this component or program gained? should it be in the sdk? I've installed every release of it, it's not in any of them.

This lack of 'fastboot' on the pc side of things is the only thing that's stopping me at this point.

Where is this fabled, and seemingly non existent fastboot application?

Advertisement
  2. mikeh36

mikeh36 Well-Known Member

You boot into Fastboot mode by holding the Down volume, the OK button, and the End call button at the same time. It only lasts for about 30 seconds or so so make sure you've got the command ready to go.

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I answered your question in the Easy Guide to updating to Galaxo thread. No need to ask the same question twice in such a short amount of time. ;)

4. Alpha17x

Alpha17x Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I want everyone to know that this post is the result of me being impatient, and not following directions properly, sorry everyone.