• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help fastboot

I have 3.0.0.5 installed now. I think. I have to buy the rom. Manager. Premium because I have the free one.

You don't need the premium version...

Or grab the CWM you want from the handy links sticky and install it using the method explained in the ultimate guide sticky. No ROM Manager needed. My prefered method, since RM is so damn glitchy. I don't even keep it installed.

He said he doesn't have a computer.

Rom manager does have 3.0.0.5 because that's how I got. It.

Read the quote you quoted there... He said it doesn't have any besides 3.0.0.5.

What's the easiest way. In the rom the only recoveries it had is 3.0.0.5 and3.0.0.4 I wantolder version 3.0.2.8

I believe 3.0.0.5 is the older version...

If you flashed the recovery in RM in the clockwork folder you should have a clockworkmod/dowload/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/ folder. If not reflash the recovery again in RM. Follow this:

Installing an unofficial recovery.img with ROM Manager:

Install ROM Manager from the market and open it up.
Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
Pick any of the listed recoveries
Wait til it finishes downloading
In a file explorer navigate to clockworkmod/dowload/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/
Rename the recovery you just downloaded and add .bak to it.
Now rename the recovery.img you wish to install to the name of the recovery you just downloaded exactly. (- the .bak )
Go back to the main menu
Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery again and select the exact same one from the list again. Since its already been downloaded it will just flash it now.
When its finished it will pop a notice up.

Again, as said here ^.... This is how to flash the new version if you don't have/want to use a computer.

The ability to read is an amazing gift, I recommend it. ;)

Upvote 0
You don't need the premium version...

He said he doesn't have a computer.

Read the quote you quoted there... He said it doesn't have any besides 3.0.0.5.

I believe 3.0.0.5 is the older version...

Again, as said here ^.... This is how to flash the new version if you don't have/want to use a computer.

The ability to read is an amazing gift, I recommend it. ;)
I am a new to this. the sarcasm I can do without. I will get it. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Calm down children. :D

You'll get it. Everyone's been right where you are. Then one day you will wish you could flash every phone down to the house phone and will be able to do it in your sleep. :D
This.^
We like noobs here. This stuff can be confusing at first. Please don't discourage people from asking questions. That's how people learn, then they can help the next person.

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
This.^
We like noobs here. This stuff can be confusing at first. Please don't discourage people from asking questions. That's how people learn, then they can help the next person.

I am only trying to help. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, that is not my intention.

You will get it. I was in your shoes only a couple months ago.

The only "sarcasm" in my last post was about reading. And I'm sorry, but that wasn't sarcasm. The rest of that post was just trying to help.

And I sincerely apologize for calling you he. I meant no disrespect. I just wrongfully assumed you were a he, as the majority of the people on here are. Please forgive me.

But most importantly, don't give up.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I am only trying to help. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, that is not my intention.

The only "sarcasm" in my last post was about reading. And I'm sorry, but that wasn't sarcasm. The rest of that post was just trying to help.

And I sincerely apologize for calling you he. I meant no disrespect. I just wrongfully assumed you were a he, as the majority of the people on here are. Please forgive me.

You're good. I know you help a lot of people on here. I just hate when new people get scared off by what they perceive to be rude comments. I have a sarcastic streak myself, so I'm not trying to throw stones from my glass house lol. I just usually wait to pick on people when I know they have been around long enough to know that I'm a smart ass lol.

Upvote 0

I am good. if a man had the name swtnss as his username, I question it. now i have a problem. i tried to install the clockworkmod on my comp but it keeps saying waiting for device. what is the problem.

Upvote 0
Calm down children. :D

You'll get it. Everyone's been right where you are. Then one day you will wish you could flash every phone down to the house phone and will be able to do it in your sleep. :D
Not a child. I know i will get it. i am a fast learner. All I ask is since I am fairly new, let me get used to this site and the people. believe me, I am a down to earth person, I can have fun too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones