Faster and better 3g on optimus vGeneral

1. nfs13epic

nfs13epic Well-Known Member Contributor

Well im on VM with a samsung intercept and yes i plain to replacing it. Right now with my Inter i get the WORST 3g speeds 0.06 down and 0.00 up. At full bars i get 0.10 down and 0.03 up. From what i read the optimus has faster 3g and dosn't turn into a heater (unlike the intercept). So will the V help me out better than my samsung intercept or should i wait.

Advertisement
    :
  2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

From what I've read the v is overall better especially on a budget and has a very active development community and allot of great roms. The triumph on the other hand is even better from what I've read.
  3. KryptoNyte

KryptoNyte Well-Known Member

I think that your location is probably one of the (2) big factors in 3G data speeds.
    Although not totally reliable, check the Virgin Mobile service maps for 3G in your area to see what kind of data coverage they claim.

Just as a sidenote, after 27 days with the Triumph, I came to the conclusion that the Triumph's radio is far inferior to the Optimus V in every way. I returned it to the store and went back to the Optimus V. If you are in a good location, it's not a bad device.
    syav likes this.
  4. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

You could try a PRL swap on the V to get better reception etc.
  5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

The Intercept was my first android phone, and I wish I had done more research before getting it. Lesson learned!

3G speeds on the OpV seem better to me than it does on the Intercept. Like the OpV, the Intercept suffers terribly from the TWS bug, but as of yet I haven't been able to find a viable solution for the Intercept like that offered for the OpV here on the forums (which work amazingly well).

After reading about the numerous issues some people have with the Motorola Triumph, I have to say that the OpV is by far the best android phone that VM has to offer at this time.

Any cell phone battery can get hot for numerous reasons. My OpV's battery only gets super hot when an app is getting hung up or not performing properly (the default Gallery app is horrible for this). You just have to be careful with the apps that you use, and if one causes your phone to repeatedly get hot then either uninstall it, or if its a default app, find one on the Market that does the same job.
    syav likes this.
  6. syav

syav Well-Known Member

Thanкs for thε info. I go on thε intεrnet on my ρhone a lot, anδ it sounds liкε thε Τriυmρh is not for me. Noω Ι can saνε monεy and get mε a laρtoρ instead since I don't haνε internet at home.