faster battery drain

Last Updated:

1. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my battery is draining a lot faster all of a sudden. I went from losing about 6% battery over night to 20%. Can't figure it out. I deleted the most recent apps, turn off 3g and all that. I checked my running services and nothing changed. Please help

Advertisement
  2. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

The are many threads on this, with a variety of causes and proposed solutions. From my personal experience, I would ask you to go into menu> settings> about phone> battery and report your up v awake time. If they are the same or near the same (a heavy user would probably have around a 4:1 ratio over an extended period of time or 2:1 over short periods) the phone is not sleeping properly.

I would power off/on, or do a battery pull and restart, leave the phone be for about 20 minutes and see what the times are now at. I do know that sometimes, depending on what the phone is doing internally it may not sleep right away. You may need to leave it for several hours or overnight to really determine if it is sleeping or not.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing on my phone as well. No big deal because the battery still lasts just as long overall throughout the day.